[Suggestion] Base Anti-Air Turrets Need Buff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChUnKiFieR, Jul 15, 2020.

1. ChUnKiFieR

Am I the only one who has a problem with bullets that disappear in mid-air and the range being so limited? They should be allowed to fall to the ground on normal trajectories just like in real life. Whatever they hit, they hit. Even if unintended. From great distances I'm sure the damage would be negligible to next to nothing. Buffed AA shouldn't be a problem for experienced pilots. God knows I've died by aircraft in a turret many times. Anti-vehicle turrets work normally. Why not AA?
    • Up x 3
  2. Goodkat

Those turrets and the skyguard could stand an accuracy buff. They spray all over the place which is a little absurd given the fact thay they should have such a stable platform.
    • Up x 3
  3. Demigan

They nerfed AA turrets as they did chip damage against aircraft at range. This was a problem because... it annoyed them and they claimed that it created a 3+hex no-air zone. These turrets can barely damage an ESF at 300m (about 1 hex) and only if the aircraft did a close fly-by could you really kill one if RNG was favorable during the last leg of the aircraft's journey. But with a maximum range of 500m they are as functional as a pump-action shotgun that cant OHK at pointblank range.
    • Up x 2
  4. Pikachu

Need bigger AA turrets. How about 133mm guns. 8 rounds per minute.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. OneShadowWarrior

They nerfed AA because it worked better than it’s intended purpose, pilots were usually dead by Flak before they could react.

They should definitely be more damaging if they hover right above you though.
    • Up x 1
  6. Demigan

You've got to be kidding me right? If that were the case then 500m range would be plenty. Also as avid "will hack an AA turret near an enemy resupply pad" player I can tell you that even before this these guns were crap and a pilot had plenty of time to react and make their escape even in damaged aircraft.

It's also telling that when an AA gun can actually kill something that it worked "better than it's intended purpose". Seriously F all devs who support AA deterrents with a cactus.
    • Up x 3
  7. ican'taim

Finally somebody feels my pain!
  8. Jryder

Agree. The AA guns seem more like a method designed to waste defending manpower by drawing them into worthless turret duty than any serious attempt at deterring aircraft.

Especially those twin turrets that seem to shoot bubbles...

We're talking about fortified bases. Aircraft shouldn't be able to fly up and do as they please, including easily destroying the supposed 'anti-aircraft' mounts. They SHOULD fear AA. That's the whole point.
    • Up x 3