Bandit vs Jaguar

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SirFrancisGobelcoque, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Dahwhatsdat???

We had a carbine just like that up until recently :/
    • Up x 1
  2. Paperlamp

Nope.
  3. SirFrancisGobelcoque

They both don't have good recoil. The Bandit's IS better, yes, but not good. Only midrange viable with grip. Sure it can kill, but not exactly top tier.
  4. Paperlamp

Bandit is amongst the lowest horizontal recoil guns in the game. If you can compensate for its vertical, which isn't really that bad either, it's much more accurate than the Jaguar. They are definitely not comparable weapons in the accuracy department.

If it didn't have the extra drop off, it'd really just be a straight upgrade to the Mercenary in every way but velocity, and it'd be hands down the best carbine in the game. It's on the overpowered side even with that drop-off.
  5. SirFrancisGobelcoque

Comparing the Jag and Bandit based on their differences to the Trac-5 and Mercenary is POINTLESS and has NOTHING to do with the balance between Bandit and Jaguar.

The Merc and Trac-5 are entirely different guns with different roles. This is clear because of the large dps gap between them. 167/600 is the equivalent of 143/698, not 143/750. Balanced 167 equivalents will ALWAYS have slightly lower ttk and slightly lower dps than their 143 equivalents, and it is clear the Merc and Jaguar are not balanced in this way. Instead, the Merc is more accurate, but kills slower, a fair tradeoff.

The Bandit and Jaguar, however, fulfill almost the exactly same niche in their respective empire's arsenal. But their ranged performance is balanced strangely, I am just asking why you guys think the devs chose this route insted of giving them similar handling and ranged accuracy??????
  6. SirFrancisGobelcoque

Curious what you think of the Lynx2.0 then. It's better than the Jag in every way, both in hipfire and ADS (not dpm if you want to get technical), because it also has one tier drop off less than other faction's CQC guns. Do you think this is balanced?
  7. SirFrancisGobelcoque

Also, not complaining about el Bandito. As i said before it's my favorite NC carbine now. Just balanced like no other gun in the game. An anomaly.
  8. SirFrancisGobelcoque

Side note: I HATE the name Bandit. Sounds like a dog name. An awesome dog name to be sure, but doesn't really compare to such NC classics as the Reaper, Carnage, or Razor. (Cougar is a pretty bad name as well, for obvious reasons)
  9. KnightCole

Bandit is pretty insane really....ran into it once....yikes...
  10. Paperlamp

Haven't used it other than in VR on PTS and don't have the exact stats, but it no longer has .75 ADS and its TTK got worse, and I'm pretty sure it still has fairly high horizontal recoil albeit they did get rid of its old extreme right angle.
  11. SirFrancisGobelcoque

Try it out. It's nothing to write home about, but still handles far better than the Serpent/GD-7F.

imo they should just increase the rof to about 950 and add 1 more level of dmg drop off. Pretty sure the game engine can handle that. Already lost the 0.75 and most of the dpm advantage over the Serpent and GD-7F, so why not give them similar ttk? Increasing the rof would also make it slightly harder to use at range than currently, where it is far better than the Serpent/GD-7F. Boom. Then the Lynx and Jaguar would be actually different. But I digress...
  12. Kociboss