[Suggestion] Balancing the vanu directive weapon heat mechanic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ALN_Isolator, Aug 27, 2015.

1. ALN_Isolator

Give it a "reserve magazine" so if you overheat the gun (dry reload) you actually need to replace the battery with your only spare, still infinite ammo, just have control over your weapon because your battery shouldn't be able to create something from nothing. If you run out of ammo (dry reload twice) you can only resupply from a terminal.
  2. Jubikus

Hmm the amount of spares and where you can replenish them is debatable but the base idea is pretty good.
  3. CorporationUSA

They should make it so the gun explodes if it overheats, doing damage to the player and making it unusable until you resupply at a terminal.
    • Up x 2
  4. Campagne

Maybe it could be like the Phaseshift's heat mechanic? Where if the weapon is overheated it must be "reloaded" to bring it down to zero again. That way if it is overheated one can't just switch to another weapon while it cools down, yet still maintains infinite ammo.
    • Up x 1
  5. ALN_Isolator

That's pretty much what I said with the addition of being able to do that a limited amount of times.
  6. Campagne

But then it loses its infinite ammo and could possibly even have effectively less ammo than an Orion.

At that point it sort of becomes of a questionable usefulness.
  7. ALN_Isolator

If you don't dump your mag then it will regenerate. I'm asking for some slight skill to be required to avoid losing your biggest perk as a VS directive weapon owner.
  8. Casterbridge

At this point I'd just like to see something as equally valuable and interesting for the NC/TR directive weapons.
    • Up x 1
  9. Campagne

But then what about when one is against a MAX? Or against more than one enemy player?
  10. Jubikus

I believe the TR weapon is fine with its huge mag the problem with the NC/TR HA weapons is the platform they are based on as they are based on their factions medium/long range weapons as to where the battlegoos is based on their close/medium range platform so it is more tailored to the majority of combat situations you will encounter as a heavy things would be different if the TR and NC weapons were based on Anchor/MSW-R because honestly who wouldn't roll around with an MSW-R with a 75-100 round mag but thats not what we got.
    • Up x 1