Balance calls

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by S0LAR15, Oct 25, 2013.

1. S0LAR15

• ZOE is better than the Aegis (though aegis is still decent) and lockdown.
    • MAX AI weapons are all equally effective, abiltiies excluded.
    • The Vanguard and Prowler, stats and damage capabilities are better than the magrider.
    • The Vanguard and Prowler abilities are better than Magburn.
    • TR ES MBT and ES harasser weapons are better than VS and NC.
    • The ESRLs are all pretty ****, but the Striker is the least ****.
    • TR MAX AV weapons are (soon to be "were") better than the VS/NC equivalents.
    • ESFs are more or less even.
    • TR Carbines are better than VS and NC Carbines.
    • TR and NC ES HAs are better than the VS HA.
    • Other Infantry weapon catagories are about equal (literally only ARs and LMGs, though VS have slightly better LMGs).

So, we should only change ZOE amirite?

All this "ZOE is OP" completely overlooks the assymetry in other areas. Yet ZOE is better than equivalent abilties. Whenever other obvious imbalances are brought up, people come out the woodwork to shout down it all as "BS". Yet who in their right ******* mind would say the magburner is on par? Or that the magrider on it's own is on par? Harasser weapons? The vulcan-H is "fine" is it? To hell with the marauder-H, the Vulcan-H is a far more unbalanced, all round, far too good weapon. Yet TR are extremely resistant to any calls for it to fixed, hmmm what does that remind you of?

Calling ZOE OP in the vacuum of MAX vs MAX, and MAX vs inf., is all well and good, but ZOE is a crutch that is over-used since so much else in the VS arsenal is straight up uncompetitive.

Carry on forumside.
    • Up x 3
  2. Bungee

An excellent display of selective information display.

I especially approve of the appearance of unbiased opinion with the strikethough effect on text.

I would say this is a contender for the forumsider of the year awards.. Bravo sir
    • Up x 3
  3. IamDH

Someone doesnt know how to use the magrider.

Yeah lets give the tank with more agility the same stats as the slowest tank in the game. That'll work out great wouldnt it
    • Up x 4
  4. teks

How can the VS HA be worse then the NC and TR while at the same time possessing a better LMG then the TR and NC?
  5. teks

Erm, the magrider is the slowest tank in the game FYI
    • Up x 1
  6. gigastar

I never got that memo, do Vanguards go at 55kph by defualt now or something?
  7. Lagavulin

Seconded, although it clearly is trolling.
    • Up x 1
  8. teks

Not sure what your getting at. The vanny is a bit faster then the magrider, but the magrider benefits more from racer, so ultimately a racer 3 magrider is only slightly slower then a racer 3 vanguard, but, its still slower.

I don't remember the speeds off my head, but its been this way for a very long time now.

Its the classic catch. The magrider was too maneuverable, so they nerfed maneuverability, but people still refer to its past maneuverability because the idea is still in the memory despite the fact that its no longer true. So, you get a bunch of people who feel that all of its other flaws are justified because of something that it long ago lost.
    I'd be worried about it, but I believe they have plans for the magrider coming up already.
  9. gigastar

Dont hold your breath. Before delays and eventually O:MFG kicked in the MBT revamp was planned for December.
  10. Shanther

I've said it more then once. People need to understand the idea of asymmetrical balance and design. Just look at Starcraft. Marines and Zealots wreck Zerglins and Marines also wreck Zealots. By forumside logic Marines are OP and need to be nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cougarbrit

12. S0LAR15

meant Lasher/MCG/Jackhammer
  13. S0LAR15

Pretty much this. The Magrider is gimped beyond belief compared to the other tanks.

Strafing speed/strafing acceleration is too low to be any use except at long range, which is useless in the tank meta anyway, not to mention a LD prowler is still the ultimate long range tank. Elevtaion angle is less than the others, less velocity, silly arcing projectile that has convergence problems out to 30 m, Less damage/less armour, largest profile......

Yes, very well, but there is still little you can do vs an equally good prowler or vanguard. When I get in a prowler or vanguard, if I make sure I don't drive over rocks I can pretty much land all my shots, like in the mag, except that I'm faster, tougher and more powerful.
  14. Larolyn

Your tank is **** in anything but ranged combat. Granted. Or against a Lockdown Prowler. But then again everything is gonna get messed up by a lockdown AP Prowler.

I just want our Bio Labs back. You stepped into NC territory with your ZOE MAX and I want it back. So... Shoo! Bad ZOE! Give me my bio lab back!

Edit : Aegis is great yes. ZOE is better. Give me Aegis with ZOE speed and I'll show you OP!
  15. Bape

I don't know if you are being sarcastic crossing them out.

First Zoe is OP because it negates the maxes biggest disadvantage "Speed" you are VS so obviously you are gonna defend something OP.

Max AI weapons are equally effective? hacksaw with slug vs any VS AI weapon at 10-20m obviously you can tell who will win? I don't call that equally effective.
    NC ES is better then VS? we have a jackhammer which is a shotgun while a VS can just grab a shotgun? NC can't grab a lasher type weapon since it VS only while TR/VS has shotguns?
  16. IamDH

Agility and speed are two different things
  17. Axehilt

Asymmetric design is great, and the empires should continue to be asymmetric, but implying one empire should have an advantage in an entire style of play (indoor fights) takes things too far.
    • Every empire needs to be viable in infantry+MAX fights.
    • Every empire needs to be viable in outdoor vehicle fights.
    • The details of how each empire is viable can vary, but they must be balanced overall in each situation.
  18. Vandali

This is comical, the VS have the edge in most area's, it just didn't light up the radar due to low population, but it's now showing pretty blatantly with the over population they're currently enjoying.

When i was TR, the grumble was about the VS gear and now as NC, that is no different.
  19. Slandebande

Great way to post selective information to support your case. Like listing Carbines, whilst the LMG's are worse (and somehow you make that into the HA's are better). I would also prefer the Lancer any day of the week over the Striker, if you are including ESRL's. Especially since the recent changes to lock-ons.

I also agree that the Vulcan can perhaps be slightly better in some situations than the Enforcer/Saron, but the Halberd trumps them all unless you are only hunting lone wolfs.

I would love to see a video of you moving at anything other than a crawl and hitting anything other than enemies point blank to your tank in a Vanguard/Prowler. By this I'm not asking for some silly edited montage, but a video where you consistently land your shots as a Magrider does, whilst moving at a decent speed. I'm sorry, but acting like the Magrider doesn't have an important advantage in that area without any form of proof other than shouting anecdotal evidence is a bit silly.
    • Up x 1
  20. Ned

• ZOE is better than the Aegis (though aegis is still decent) and lockdown.
    • Yup, but Aegis really isn't that decent
    • MAX AI weapons are all equally effective, abiltiies excluded.
    • I find that most of them are, NC could use something with a bit more range perhaps, but the other MAX's would need something to compensate for this, giving them shotguns was a bad idea in the first place
    • The Vanguard and Prowler, stats and damage capabilities are better than the magrider.
    • True, however the only buff the maggy needs is an increase in projectile speed and less projectile drop, most people forget that as a hovertank is carries a great boon
    • The Vanguard and Prowler abilities are better than Magburn.
    • Agreed, but I would replace Magburn with something cooler, a speed boost just seems boring
    • TR ES MBT and ES harasser weapons are better than VS and NC.
    • The MBT weapons are not, the Marauder is better than the PPA/Enforcer modified but the Vulcan is balance since it is ineffective at range, while the Saron and Enforcer are effective at range
    • The ESRLs are all pretty ****, but the Striker is the least ****.
    • The only ESRL In a decent state is the Lancer, the striker is effective but boring, and the phoenix is pretty meh
    • TR MAX AV weapons are (soon to be "were") better than the VS/NC equivalents.
    • For anti Vehicle they were all pretty on Par, fractures were slightly too strong, for anti infantry the fractures were the best,
    • ESFs are more or less even.
    • They are, for a skilled pilot all of the ESF's are even, for newer players the Reaver is harder to use, but since its main gun has 20% more DPS then TR/VS, when those Reaver pilots get good they are too good
    • TR Carbines are better than VS and NC Carbines.
    • I find the Carbines fairly balanced all in all, while a 40 round mag is great VS and NC 30 round mag carbines work just as well I find
    • TR and NC ES HAs are better than the VS HA.
    • VS HA are the only ones that get a 0.75 ADS movement multiplier, If anything VS has the best HA and LMGs
    • Other Infantry weapon catagories are about equal (literally only ARs and LMGs, though VS have slightly better LMGs).
    • VS have better LMGs, I find that NC has better ARs
    • Up x 3