[Suggestion] Bailing pilots and how to fix it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Shiaari

Do you think about what you're going to say before you write it?

If a player bails from aircraft, it means you won. You'll get an ESF kill when the aircraft crashes. There's your kill. There is no reason to force a player to stay in a heavily damaged vehicle.

The *only* reason for that is to ensure your killboard shows their name, and that is about stats. That's all about stats. It is impossible for you to demonstrate how it isn't about stats, because it directly reflects your stats and publicly displays, "I got this guy."

You're wanting KDR. Your original post is complaining about KDR, and you're complaining about KDR right now. For some reason you've picked up some cognitive dissonance that says that a player kill is not a statistical figure, but something else.
  2. Shiaari

Ejection seat is in the game for non-LA classes. There's your reason.

As for sacrificing something: 350 nanites, and a little dignity. Done.
  3. Kristan

No, that's not the kill.

The kill is the kill. When I see his name in my HUD and when he see's my name as his killer. That's the kill.

So stop justifying people who act dishonorable. Something tells me you're one of them.

That's you who trying to convince me about my KDR, when I said nothing about it. Only that other people bail to save THEIR KDR.

So stop telling me something I didn't say in the first place. You're being arrogant.
  4. CorporationUSA

Thermals are trickery? I recommend using thermals on all noseguns, as they make infantry farming when no air is around very easy.

In my experience(over 1000 hours in the air), the bailing pilots is shot to death by an attacking ESF. The exceptions are when they have allied ESFs or AA distracting the enemy, or if they happen to bail over a building and can get inside of it before dying. It's really not very different from people bailing out of tanks before they die when it comes down to it. Yeah it's a bit more difficult to finish them off in the air, but they are also running a less effective setup to be able to do it in the first place.

Knock off the "it's not honorable" nonsense. Honor is an unenforceable rule you put in place yourself, and it's subjective. Stop trying to hold people to your own standards.
  5. Silkensmooth

We get it. You think exploits should remain.

You think its ok to use exploits to pad your K/D.

You think its ok to TROLL people by using ultra lame tactics.

You cant understand that some of us dont care about K/D which is why we play engineer when we fly. You dont understand the competitive nature of A2A flying.

Somehow you can't comprehend why some people dont like other people bailing out, and not only bailing out but using drifters to redeploy before hitting the ground. Even though it has been explained multiple times to you.

What about people who throw C4 on their ESF then bail and blow it up to deny kills?

Are these the type of behaviors we want to encourage. For you the answer is yes. For others it is no.

That doesnt mean you have any idea why some of us dont like it.
  6. Lureh

How about this:
    Make redeploy not work when using jetpacks.
    Wouldn't that solve the problem?

On a different note:
    Make people who die because they bailed (and hit the ground) count towards the directive score.
    Actually also add the people who crash their aircraft into some rocks etc to the directive score.
    [all this because I hate seeing that esf infront of me lose a fight and then me not getting a +2 (instead of +1 or +0) on my directive board]
  7. Shiaari

There is no such thing as honor. Honor is an artificial construct designed to govern behavior, and that belies what really galls you about it. You want people to play like you. They don't. You need to accept this and stop asking the devs to force your moral guideposts onto other players.

And you're just in denial about what you're really complaining about. You want statistically measurable kills, while attempting to somehow transcend your own argument by introducing some antiquated concept of honor that few people with good sense and reason recognize in the first place.

The pilot bailed. You won. That's just going to have to be good enough.
  8. CorporationUSA

Stop. You don't get to call anything you don't like an exploit. That word has a real definition in the context of online games, and it's not the one you are trying to use.
  9. Akashar

I see people all the time trying to keep on fighting after bailing, don't ditch the baby with the bathwater, it's good as it is.
  10. Shiaari

First, bailing isn't an exploit. It's a feature working as intended.

Second, yes, trolling another player by denying them a kill is a perfectly acceptable thing to do, and it makes me smile delightfully knowing it infuriates you.

Third, there's nothing to understand about the competitive nature of A2A flying. You're a self-styled sky knight, an elitist, and I'm the common player bringing you down by happily shredding your notions of honor. Did you know that when I drive a Skyguard I make it a point to interfere with air duels? Yes, I'm one of those guys.

Fourth, thank you for the suggestion of throwing C4 on an ESF. I think I'll do it tonight.

And finally, yes, these are behaviors to encourage if for nothing else than to demonstrate how pointless your opinions of them are.

You know where the uninstall button is.
  11. Akashar

I don't say it happens all the time, I say that you being deprived of one kill (or anybody, that's not personnal) has nothing to do with preventing people to use this tactic, when it happens. Granted, it is not always the time, but by limiting the options of everyone you're only frustrating all the people who wanted to do the same kind of things as in the trailer. Ok, losing a kill is bad, remember the first days (which lasted a loooooong while?) You could deconstruct mid air just after bailing, removing the kill and the vehicle destruction. Honestly, we're pretty good now, far from everybody flies with a LA, you're making an issue of a, say, 5% of the time problem, which in my books is not really much. Granted, again, even I am pissed off sometimes by people who bail, but honestly? If I can't find them first try I just leave the area, period! No big deal...
  12. Kristan

I'm out of this thread. As always it came to nothing but attacks. No wonder, I brought the topic pilots don't like, something they afraid to lose.

My job is done here, I think RadarX already noticed that thread and maybe took the notes. So that's up for devs now, to do it or don't.
  13. CorporationUSA

I never attacked you. In fact, I thought I provided some pretty reasonable arguments, half of which you've ignored. Have I wasted my time trying to have a real discussion with you?
  14. Silkensmooth

So you are a self admitted troll. Cool.
  15. Shiaari

And you are a gushing white knight with dreams of a fair fight. Perhaps you even dream of morally justified war, or even a reason to play a PC game like PlanetSide 2 for reasons other than sticking it to other players.

All you have to do is accept the victories you get instead of grousing about missing your metaphorical pound of flesh.

Who's the troll now?
  16. Cynicismic

False.

I read each reply made to your initial post, which found holes in your argument and effectively unearthed a greater meaning that you are not happy that when you shoot down an enemy ESF, you are upset that they bail and henceforth the kill doesn't count towards your K/D. This is proven by the discussion you're having at present with Shiaari. You claim that bailing from an ESF is "dishonourable", though stress that it doesn't count as a kill, (which it does; not statistically, though as an ESF kill - it actually says so in the XP bar after it's destroyed), which is presumably what you want, which will be added to your K/D. You want a statistical reward rather than the satisfaction of knowing that you shot down an enemy aircraft. Fudamentally, you want the kill added to your K/D.

You don't care about honour, and don't pretend that you do. You care about meaningless numbers and petty statistics. All replies made to this topic were reasonable. You just didn't like what you heard.
  17. MrJengles

Here's the thing, you're not being equally hard on the dude who bails and how much they care about their KDR. Everything you say can be reversed and comes to no conclusion on whether it should or shouldn't be changed.

If a player loses the fight maybe they should get used to it, it's a shooter game, it happens. If they're literally intending to redeploy the moment they bail then there is zero benefit to keep that in the game. They'll get a death and have to such it up, or stop caring about KDR so much.

Sounds very similar to what people said before the developers made it so you couldn't log out, or deconstruct, or suicide etc.

The game is constantly a work in progress with the devs patching things and they could just as easily patch this one next week. Unless we go ask them their thoughts on the topic we really don't know what they think.

Players can only put forward their views and Daybreak decide based on how they want the game to play. If they don't like the idea of players bailing and redeploying or C4ing their own planes, because it's trollish behaviour similar to the other issues they fixed then that's totally up to them.

Of course, they can't weigh up the arguments and decide without the visibility of topics like these.
  18. Shiaari

You're walking out of the thread because you have been unable to substantiate your thesis that ESF pilots should be forced to accept their defeat in the way you deem appropriate and stay until their vehicle explodes in order to provide you with a kill.

You're walking out of the thread because your thesis is utterly hypocritical: "I don't like it when ESF pilots bail to save their KDR, so introduce these new mechanics in order to save my own KDR."

Then--unable to substantiate your thesis with a credible argument--you invoke "honor."
  19. SoljVS

There is no problem with this.

For one myself included I usually on bail when there are locks involved. OP you seem like the kind of person who relies on locks, i dunno just a guess. If you can't run the nosegun you shouldn't be in the air in the first place. If im in a multiperson against me and i start seeing Lock A|G and I have 50% health I don't stick around. Sorry nose gun or ****, I kill tons of bailers put on thermal optics.
  20. MrJengles

It's the internet, some people can be far more critical of your arguments than their own and seek conflict over understanding.

Not all, but some.

Even so, it is a reality that people have a hard time seeing things from someone else's point of view. I suppose the best one can do is use it as practice to tighten up their language and make their position as clear as possible and find the right angle.

Know that there are many who agree with you.