Bad connection and error G30

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by The Minion, Feb 1, 2013.

1. The Minion

Response from costumer support

We are aware people are experiencing this issue, we're doing our best to resolve
    First do this:

Microsoft Security Essentials
    1.Open Microsoft Security Essentials
    2.Got to the Settings tab
    3.Select Real-time Protection
    4.Uncheck "Turn on Real-time Protection"
    5.Click Save Changes
    ------------------------------
    Then:
    Turn off Akamai Netsession
    ------------------------------
    Then do this:

I'd like you to follow these instructions for a fresh restart of your computer without unneeded programs running in the background.

1) Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

2) If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3) In the System Configuration Utility window, click Selective Startup on the General tab. Then unselect 'Load Startup Items.'

4) Then click the Services tab and check the box to Hide All Microsoft Services. Click Disable All. If you do not wish to disable anti-virus or security software as part of the troubleshooting process, you will need to add check-marks next to those services again.

5) Click OK and restart your computer.

This is not a permanent solution but if it does resolve the issue it means there is a third party program interfering with the game. To return your system to it's normal configuration after testing with the cleanboot, simply open the System Configuration Utility window again and select Normal Startup (instead of Selective Startup). Click OK and restart your computer.
  2. The Minion

The hotfix fixed it
  3. Stainlesssteel

Yes i was able to play today at 10Am completly lag free ..hope that stays now this way
  4. ISAWUDIE

Lol hotfix did nothing for me still aweful lag to the point where people are actually just standing still then after a few secs disappear. terminals are not appearing for like a minute after i get in game. Furthermore, when i do see them and try to access them i cant. Its like I am there but not and data packets are few and far between i can see phasing in textures for that which is odd. Tested internet speed and I am getting 77.95mbps download and 50.45mbps upload, I even re-downloaded and validated the whole game. I even tried the tech support recommendation which I knew would not work. Therefore it has to be something with the server or a file/code in the patch. SOE needs to fix it within the next two weeks or my money is gone and I am done with PS2.
  5. ziv6

In your particular case, there might be a problem of PS2 clashing with a 3rd party program.
    I say this because the issue seems to have truly been resolved for the rest of us, thanks to the hotfix.(More likely, the server down-time fixed it)
    It could be a clash with hardware as well, it's a really wide range of possibilities.

Are your other games working fine? Can you try and ping the PS2 server you're trying to connect to and check the latency and packet loss?
    If you get a bad result with the pings, but other games work fine, then the problem is on SOE's side.
    If you get the same problem with other software, it's a problem with your hardware(probably net-gear).
    If you get good results on the pings, and don't have problems with other software, then this is a software issue, most likely caused by clashing with a third party program. (Think about anything else you might have updated, if you haven't, it's 100% PS2's fault, if you have, check that other software, try to remove it if it's not too important(back up first), and try again)

For the pinging, I recommend using the "-n 50 -l 65500" options. (ping -n 50 -l 65500 IP)

Chances are this is not firewall related, since that should completely block the connection, and not just cause lags.

Good luck!
    • Up x 1