Back in the fight at last

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eternaloptimist, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Eternaloptimist

I´ve been away for more than a year, waiting for fibre optic to become available in the country I now call home.
    Now that I´m back my early reactions are:
    • more and better fights than I remember :),
    • apparently more frequent alerts that seem to intensify fights :),
    • orbital strikes seemingly as common as grenade spam :eek:,
    • getting killed by weather is a novel and not entirely enjoyable experience o_O,
    • feels like there are a lot more updates recently, interrupting gameplay (it´s why I´m posting now instead of playing) :eek:.
    I like Sanctuary but I haven´t tried any of the other new stuff like missions, although I did crew a gun in a Colossus tank once (underwhelming). I´ve always said I´m just here for the fighting so my reaction may be slanted. I´m interested in other peoples views on the traditional game experience since the escalation.
    Also, idk how to get the status required to spend Resources in Sanctuary for those deployable shield things etc. Answer is probably obvious but can someone advise?
    Final question - I´ve always liked burst weapons and the new TR medic Arbalest is good against stationery unshielded dummies in VR but what is it like in the field? Seems to have a very simialr damage and accuracy profile to the TORQ9, my favourite AR, but I´ve seen at least one post saying its not good - what do people think?
    Pleased to be back and thanks in advance for your responses
  2. That_One_Kane_Guy

It's not good compared to the Lacerta and the Vanquisher, which is like saying that a Mustang is a slow car compared to a Ferrari and a McLaren. It will do the job in the field just fine, it just isn't stellar like the other two. It'll one-burst a non-HA player if you land the entire burst and hit the head a couple times, so that's nice. Long burst makes it hard to do that, though and makes it real easy to FF teammates if you aren't careful.
    TORQ-9 is still the better choice 9/10 times, but if you've got the certs to burn and you're looking for a new experience give it a shot. Sometimes you click with a gun regardless of what the stat sheet says.
    • Up x 1
  3. Blam320

Honestly I'd say the game is on the up-and-up. We've had several updates that really re-engaged the playerbase, though at the same time it's highlighted a few really glaring issues (zerging, logistics, New Player Experience).
    Alerts are more frequent because they're easier to start... it's disgustingly easy to trigger an alert on Esamir because so many bases have been removed in the big reshuffling. Alerts also tend to start very quickly because of aforementioned other problems, namely Zerging because one faction will typically just take territory uncontested until an alert triggers, then its a toss-up whether the other two will just farm each other and ignore the alert, or double-team the third faction into oblivion.
    You spend resources in Sanctuary by being in an outfit and having the proper permissions. Those are how you craft Citadel Shields, Orbital Strike charges (limit of two per outfit), Bastion Fleet Carriers (the giant flying warships) and Colossus Heavy Tanks (the underwhelming counters to Bastions; they deploy into an AA "skylance" form that can damage Bastion hardpoints from the ground). The exception is Merit, which is used to buy and resupply "Tactical" items such as a personal Flash, Caltrops, and an Ordinance Damper.
    • Up x 2
  4. OneShadowWarrior

TR is the worst faction in the game. They got screwed in every new item or update. Faced a plethora of nerfs.

Arbalest is currently garbage like many of the new TR Weapons.
  5. UberNoob1337101

*laughs in Kindred*
  6. Eternaloptimist

Thanks for the feedback. Idk how to get the proper permisions though
  7. Blam320

You get the proper permissions by asking your Outfit Leader to give you permission to use certain assets; actually permissions are tied to what rank you are in an outfit, so if you're low-ranking you might not be able to use certain items at all.
    • Up x 1