[Suggestion] Back Cap Defenders XP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChUnKiFieR, Jul 29, 2015.

1. ChUnKiFieR

I was wondering if anybody thinks it would be a good idea for the people who stay behind to defend a base from being back capped to also receive some XP until that base is out of danger of recapture? There would have to be some conditions to prevent people from running back and forth just for the XP. I suggest that if you cross property lines before the next base is capped, then you cannot be awarded back cap defenders XP.
  2. placeholder22

I don't see the necessity for preventing running back and forth. Sometimes you actually have to guard a base after an initial assault failed. Just make it less than the XP awarded during an assault.
  3. ChUnKiFieR

The keyword here is "defenders". Obviously if the advance fails the XP awards would return to normal. The point I'm trying to make here is that back cap defenders would receive XP while the clock is running at the next base. As it is, defenders get nothing for doing a very important job.

Sometime we take the point then lose the point but not the battle. During that time back capping is a real strategic play for the enemy to move the battle backwards when we're trying to advance. If the enemy is successful in killing our defenders and back capping the base so be it. Fight on.

Taking a base and then leaving it completely undefended until it's totally secure is just plain stupid!