(Azure Twilight Member) Test Server Gameplay

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by LuckyImperial, Apr 9, 2013.

1. LuckyImperial

Last night (4/8/13) my outfit rolled characters on the test server to give it a shot and provide some feedback. Here are some of my notes.

Slower cap times - Reminiscent of PlanetSide 1. Makes defense more important. Overall, a good change.
    Better Link design - I don't feel like game-play changed at all because of this. We ran ops as normal, fighting on the front. I feel like it did make looking at the map easier. Territory/link information felt less cluttered.

Really, those were the only two changes I noticed. I play almost exclusively as a Light Assault scout and the overall gameplay felt exactly the same, other than the slower caps.

One thing that was mentioned several times in the Outfit but never confirmed was night time darkness. Some people felt that night was darker. I could barley tell a difference. However, I think testing darker nights would be a cool concept. It would put more emphasis on HSNV/Thermal scopes and lean it more towards reality.
  2. Ronin Oni

I want searchlights... REAL flashlights (current implementation is just a "SHOOT HERE!" globe)... and better lighting in/around buildings.

Then I want night to be DAAAAARK. Really dark. Like, when you're 400 miles from civilization in the mountains dark. (cause... the whole planet is away from civilization... there'd be virtually no light pollution).

Oh! Also, small faction colored, barely visible glow strips on the back of players head might be warranted. We use them IRL (just green glow in the dark strips... visible to about 20-30ft) so you don't accidentally shoot your squadmates in the back of the head.

OH! And infared light-options for vehicles! Creates light that can only be seen using IRNV :) They're like floodlamps but in the IR spectrum so invisible to the human eye. Want those too :D
  3. Puppy

Personally I like the idea of being able to defend a base and knowing which base to defend. I like the map changes as well.