Awesomium causing crashes?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Prudentia, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Prudentia

recently my launcher refuses to work. when i start him, i just get a white square. my usual fix to this was
    go on planetside2.com
    download the setup.exe
    repair the launcher
    play
    everytime i want to play, after looking into the task manager, i found 24 running "Awesomiumprocess.exe" which i could link to SoE as i saw it in the SoE data.
    i average a number of 3 Awesomium per click on the launcher, resulting in the launcher to either not work at all or having it start a invisible Ps2.exe process. as the download repair etc is really annoying it would be nice if someone could help me with this :)
  2. idclev50

Awesomiumprocess is to do with the store within the game. Its probably adding to the lag factor
  3. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

It's entirely possible there's an anti-virus program or firewall blocking traffic from Awesomium, causing it to crash. Please make sure that you have launchpad.exe, awesomiumprocess.exe, and planetside2.exe added as exceptions in any Firewall/Anti-Virus software you currently are running in order to ensure that the game will run correctly with this kind of software running in the background.

PS2 & Anti-virus Software
  4. Prudentia

seems like it is working for me now, thanks for the help, you don't see such fast and competent Support that often :)
  5. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Not a problem at all! If anything goes horribly awry and you're in distress, or you have any questions, feel free to ask!