[Suggestion] AV turret needs some tweaks to balance

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Tanelorn, Feb 17, 2013.

1. GizmoReality

Many posts here make me chuckle :) I love the new AV turret, I honestly believe majority of folks simply don't know how to use it and how strong it is - in crown me and my mates (3 of us) dispensed 20+ tanks from great distance with absolute ease, one could say we pretty much stopped the TR full scale armour invasion at TI alloys :) Yes other tanks were hitting them and HA's also, but most of the times they were too far for them to be reached, this is where we came in, we literally wiped the floor. whenever they thought they were in safe distance (you could see them repairing) we would just scoop in.

What also makes me laugh is the notion some say - lightning only gets 2 shotted if u get hit in the back.... let me give you small tip only a noob would try to hit the tanks directly, best option is to shoot it into air and drop it in from above - not only will it cover where the rocket came from - trail comes from air - more than often target has no clue where they are getting hit. Even if u have back or front defence/armour, chances are a lot don't have the top... the truth is lightnings take 2 shots or 3 at most, rest of the tanks take 4 (including sundy) - these are on direct hits. so if there is 4 of you, you pick a target hit it at the same time, guide it to the location and boom its down - one hit shots so to speak. I am not going to go into detail on what you need to do to increase your AV turret efficency, but trust me on this:

Any tank that was in our visibility was a dead tank - full scales invasions were put on halt and into retreat - The road on the left of Ti Alloys was littered with smoking tanks as they cowered for cover.

Efficiency of this turret when used properly is incredible, I love it.

I wouldn't nerf it to be honest, it is great as it is as someone said, getting that hit from far distance is sweet sweet. But I would give tanks an option to detect or destroy these rockets someway. Atm i think tanks just in general lack viable anti air and anti missle options as such.

Edit: More often than now - when you think it is mystery damage - it is most probably just getting hit with the rocket from above, rather than directly in which case you aint got a clue where the rocket originated from (can't see smoke trail)
  2. SgtScum

Whilst all this is true and I have utterly broken entire armour pushes at tawrich at this one evil spot a single esf with a smidgeon of situational awerness will pod the lot of you in a single salvo.

Plus more players are becoming aware of the spots you need to really make the av turret shine and are starting to sweep them with esf or infantry patrols.

So I doubt it will see any major changes especially after the shield graphic is added which will light you up at any render distance like the ai turret.
  3. Mefi

I've checked my stats with the Phalanx AV turret and the MANA AV turret:
    • Phalanx: 1 kill every 1.7 minutes or 1 kill per 25 shots.
    • MANA: 1 kill every 2.8 minutes or 1 kill per 20 shots.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. illgot

this is when you get your friendly snipers to take care of business.

Of course that is if they fix the bug where the sniper keeps hitting the turret instead of the engineer even if they have a clean shot.
  5. Mefi

And they should fix the bug when a turret isn't rendered at extreme ranges while an engineer is totally exposed.
  6. illgot

that happens with base turrets as well. I see engineers just standing there and snipe them a few times until I realize they are just inside the turret but instead of the base turret rendering my system is only rendering the engineer inside it.

Not sure what causes that bug but I learned to ignore Engineers standing where any turret is placed if they are not moving around.
  7. Mefi

That's bit different: players inside Phalanx turrets are invulnerable but engineers with AV turrets aren't and they don't have any cover.