AV MANA turret 450 meter range now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by squarebug, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Bankrotas

You don't get the point. If you start turning your rocket to correct or reaim, your engagement radius is reduced, by how much, I can't tell, depends on turn rate, acceleration and velocity. It's like Pheonix, actual effective range due to turning is about 20 meters less than 295 if you fire over a rock, much less, if you maneuver it more.
  2. axiom537

You do not get the point...It is still traveling 450m, just not in a straight line...
    Distance = Speed (m/s) * Time(s)
  3. Gammit

4. Halon

Personal waypoints :D
  5. Halon

450m is still too much.
    • Up x 2
  6. DashRendar

450m is pretty much vehicle render range, or viable vehicle sight range for most bases. At 450m you are leaning into your monitor and squinting, still too powerful given the enemy has no real counter. It needs to be more like 300m and even that is generous.
    • Up x 3
  7. smokemaker

AV MANA turret 450 meter range now

What more nerfs surprised you guys?

lol

the whine was strong, the nerf even stronger.

Dont worry more nerfs in bound.
  8. z1967

I would have just mounted a fury-f on a tripod and called it a day :|
    • Up x 2
  9. DashRendar

That, or a Bulldog. I love that weapon and it needs more love.
    • Up x 1
  10. SavageBacon

So either of those things would've been OP against infantry/MAX pushes than being AV.
  11. KnightCole

But the whole point of it, what does it matter if you kill 100000000000000000000 of these things? The engi can just deploy another one in 2 seconds flat....

There needs to be a limit to the number we can deploy....and it needs a longer reload and an ammo counter.
  12. Voiidd

You're VS you can always fall back to the Lancer.
    • Up x 1
  13. Tommyp2006

because if the engineer is killed on it, he's dead. This will at least remove the major issue of these being fire far outside of render distance. I think this will be a fair change, but only time will tell.
  14. Casterbridge

I get the issue with it being able to shoot out of render range of the vehicles, but assuming it's adjusted to the point where it can only hit a tank where the tank can hit back, and the tank can both blow up the turrent and kill it's user in a single shot, is that going to be useful at all?

I mean personally, and again I rarely use the thing, I would rather only be able to fire in range of the tank, but have some sort of protection to at least let me fire off a couple of shots before it and I are destroyed, or I can at least run away before it's fully blown up. Now maybe that means, as suggested above, it can only be deployed once, or has limited ammo or some other limitation.
  15. TheFamilyGhost

Who knew that wire guided rocket technology would be hopelessly lost in the future!
    • Up x 2
  16. TeknoBug

I'm glad they reduced the range, the AV turret sniping from a mile away was stupid especially with the increased velocity buff, I was using the AV turret this morning after the patch and it's not gamebreaking.
  17. Kimgibbler

All they needed to do was fix the rendering issue.
  18. khai

so much else was lost why not that as well. I mean they are missing artillery, bayonets, civilians, doors, etc
  19. Revanmug

Oh, sniping tank from one base to another will still happen. It's just going to be slightly less ridiculous.
    • Up x 2
  20. TheFamilyGhost

Today, wire guided AT missles have a range of over 1200 meters.

It isn't sniping, its that the AT missile hasn't been cleared by the combined arms effort.