AV Grenade not effective against NC MAX?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Keldred, May 26, 2015.

1. Keldred

Just wanted to check to see if anyone else notices that if you stick a NC MAX they can raise their shield after the fact and un-stick it.
  2. _itg

This is intentional. It's a buff they added sometime in February or March.
  3. Keldred

hmm thought that was just for if it hits the front it will bounce off.
  4. Colinljx

Not intentional for sure, just one of those less important bugs on the waitlist. (It's not like most ppl get the chance to even throw a grenade before a shotgun max)
  5. Keldred

I do haha only need a 100 more max kills to complete that portion of my heavy directive, kinda frustrating when they can just pop it off and absorb it...
  6. Ryo313

same here . the directive is a real pain with the av nades
  7. qiray12

Just skip av nades part and go munition pouch anhi. Its a cheesy way and maybe boring but it goes faster and it is easier then av nades.

If you do go for av nades go with bandolier and always throw 2 nades you very sometimes get a kill......

From the start i was like why the heavy has air deterence yes ik we are the second only class with AA options but we are also the second or even first AV class so, why we no hav vehicle destruction??.. :S
  8. Ryo313

true that . well we have the launcher kill thingy but that doesn't apply only to ground vehicles and tbh it would be better then the av nade one xD
  9. Iridar51

Pretty sure it's intentional.
    Source. Though the log doesn't specify if Aegis shield un-stickies grenades after they were sticki-ed. Assume yes.
  10. Keldred

Its more than just for directives. An AV nade and a fast rocket is the best way to deal with a max that has you cornered.
  11. Ryo313

if you are fast enough tho... but it works
  12. Corezer

if you are TR it's way harder, at least VS can pick on idiots using lockdown where not warranted (which is most TR)
  13. Colinljx

That shield was designed to be directional, and was bugged/nerfed to be only useful against bullets for a little while (still better than Lock-down & ZOE lol). When DBG took over the team fixed/buffed it to where it was (though a bit too good and useful now). I don't believe the shield in its current state should still be allowed to un-stick grenade but it is gonna be hard to fix (designing a shield that blocks only the grenades thrown at it while the shield itself can move around is gonna be difficult)

Well, at least the NC now has a max ability that is actually better than charge in most situations.
  14. Keldred

I love it nade run around cover then rocket and then skip away as they die...ultimate juke
    • Up x 2
  15. Keldred

We can only hope they bring the other max ability's up to par with the shield. ZOE deactivatable and TR's lockdown provide a very significant dmg buff.
    • Up x 1
  16. qiray12

Most of the time you gotta make a perfect throw to make them stick, yes its good if you stick it to a max but its still underperforming compared to the standard frags.
  17. Keldred

I prefer them to frags. it is like carrying a pocket rocket. As a Heavy i can use rockets to perform some of the same functions a frag would. As a side note MAX arms are dont have collision on them so if you hit a arm with a nade it will pass right through. Keep that in mind and go for the chest.
  18. Ryo313

yeah also the head doesn't count only the body and for some reason the legs.
  19. Keldred

Still i thought they changed that. I go for the body out of habit. But that may explain a few questionable misses.
  20. Kulso

I'm pretty sure it is intentional.