[Suggestion] AV EMP Crossbow bolts

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by blzbug, Feb 17, 2015.

1. blzbug

Infiltrator currently has no native AV weapon. We have the Fury Wraith, which is fantastic. But nothing for a plain grunt infiltrator.

Make a new EMP bolt for the crossbow. AV only. Infiltrator only. The effect is just like the EMP grenade. Turns off their HUD and fuzzes up their display. This would be super easy to implement. No new weapons. No new graphics. All the hard stuff is already coded. AV-EMP would give infs a fantastic role to play in breaking up base sieges. They can sneak out and really mess with vehicles spamming a base. The effect will be useful, but far from overpowered. Similar to the old PS1 T-REK, but that was actually much stronger since it also disabled weapons.
  2. Moonheart

I don't see the use to EMP a vehicle.

- No shield to lose
    - Scrambled screen doesn't remove a single inch of battle efficiency
    - Disabled UI is only of use if someone come to flank the victim at the perfer right time, which is something that never happen on infantry, so I don't see why it would be different with vehicles

EMP grenade real use currently is to clean up the placeables.
  3. MisterSlim

I agree with Moonheart, in that, although a neat idea, it just isn't practical. I can't think of a single instance where I've said to myself, "Damn, I wish I had an EMP that worked on this Prowler. I would even sacrifice the ability to use my secondary on infantry reliably (if at all) for it." It seems not only impractical, but, to be brutally honest, it seems to be a bit gimmicky. Just my two cents.

Keep up the creative flow though! Nice to have people with fresh ideas!
    Stay Fr0sty
    -MisterFr0st
  4. Kcalehc

Would be better if it had more of a concussion grenade effect, but on vehicles. Fuzzes up the screen and makes their turn rate/turret traverse rate extremely low, possibly reduce acceleration too (but not their current speed, so you can cause crashes by making them unable to turn fast enough...)
  5. CuteBeaver

Give our unique nade to all the other classes in the form of an xbow bolt? How about no. I know you said only infils would have it but seriously I don't think Daybreak can actually do that. If a class has access to a gun, they have access to a gun and all its attachments.
  6. CorporationUSA

First off, INF doesn't need a vehicle counter.

Secondly, being the only class that can cloak on a wraith flash is pretty major. And Wraith flash is hands down the best flash. I wouldn't downplay that just because it's not regular infantry weaponry.

Lastly, stalkers harassing tanks is something we don't need. There are enough counters for tanks to worry about, there doesn't need to be another counter.