Autospawn is handy, but...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by baka, Aug 31, 2014.

1. baka

could we PLEASE be able to designate our preferred spawning class? I rarely play LS, but when I die in my MAX suit I would much prefer to rejoin the game as a medic or engy... even a heavy.
  2. FateJH

This is a MAX-specific concern, right; and, there are no problems with Autospawn for any other class?
  3. Pikachu

This feature doesn't even work. Takes just as long to deploy on the map screen.
  4. Nhilys

It's working as intended as far as I know, you'll respawn faster if you choose the same class/loadout and the same spawnpoint than if you changed any of those. It doesn't matter if you choose to respawn from autorespawn or from the map.
  5. Thurwell

Just try to ignore the autospawn feature. It's for unthinking zerglings who continually spawn at the easiest location and run into the enemies guns. When you respawn you should:

1. Check the map to see if there's a better spawn location, if so change spawns.
    2. Check the map to see if the sunderer you're about to spawn at is camped, if so change spawns.
    3. Give medics a chance to revive you.

Autospawn prevents all 3 so it's worse than useless.
    • Up x 1
  6. Cest7

Please make the F1-F6 keys function on the death recap so we can change classes without pushing M!