autoscoutrifle vs smg?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by TR5L4Y3R, Jul 4, 2017.

1. TR5L4Y3R

in short i am looking for a general infilloadout that lets me be more in the tick of things but not be noviceunfriendly or too noviceunfriendly ..
    which of these 2 would be the better choice for that? or would you recomend a entirely different weapon?

note: i just don´t like sniping so longrange semiauto or boltaction are out of the question ... it´s boring within this game but i like cloakblinking :)
  2. Cymric

Auto scout rifle if you prefer to aim down sights, SMG if you like to hip fire.
    • Up x 1
  3. Iridar51

I would add to that: Auto Scout Rifle if you prefer to keep enemies at an arms reach of at least ~10-20m away, and an SMG if you want to be within ~10-20m of enemies that you kill.
    • Up x 1
  4. RockPlanetSide2

You are going to get about the same results using the NSPDW with a compensator and a forward grip as you will with the Auto-Scout. There will be a few ranges were you won't finish somebody off with the NSPDW with the ranged config, but I always thought it was worth it to keep the NSPDW since it can still be fired form the hip CQC with out being terrible like the AutoScout.

It could just be personal preference and play style.

You have to remember that the AutoScout is unique, but really its just a terrible version of any Medic's Rifle, since they did not want to give Infiltrators anything super good.
  5. RockPlanetSide2

I made this vid over 3 years ago, but at the time it I was wanting them same thing you are asking about, an option that was better than the terrible Auto Scouts.

It's still pretty much relevant.