Automatic Scout Rifles - Are they in a good place?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Devrailis, May 16, 2015.

1. Devrailis

I'm having trouble with the Stalker rifle. I can't get a good "feel" for it. I had a great time grinding out the semi-autos, The Warden feels responsive and the Shadow packs a decent punch. The Vandal is pure *** and I'm going to save that Auraxium for last.

But the Stalker. Man, the Stalker. It feels like the 24 round mag is only good for tickling targets. It's like a crappy TR carbine.

Sell me on this gun, I can't seem to love it. It's making me prefer semi-auto rifles over the autos.
  2. Mustarde

It's a beautiful small mag AR capable of killing one person at a time within 40m. You use it to kill people who aren't looking at you with greater range than SMG's, which keeps you out of suicide range.

My problem with SMG infil is that you have to get too close, and it gets you killed. With the NS-7 PDW or the ASR's, you just hang at the edges of a fight, get a few sneaky headshots in and whittle away at dudes who are distracted.

In a 1v1 situation, just hope that you are a better shooter and hit heads.

edit: it's pretty controllable so you can burst longer at 5-6 rounds instead of 2-4 (at appropriate ranges)
    • Up x 1
  3. Devrailis

The low recoil is pretty much the only thing I enjoy about it. I think the Shadow spoiled me since I was able to kill multiple targets per magazine with it while the Stalker just seems to run dry after every target. The only times I've been able to kill multiple infantry in a single magazine is if I line up a headshot or two after an EMP grenade.

And against heavies, they better not be looking at me while I'm shooting, otherwise I'm hosed.

My accuracy with the gun is pretty nanites which is probably one reason why I'm having trouble with it. The fact that I can't really engage anyone past mid range is like an itch in the back of my head after running around with the semi-autos as well.