[Suggestion] Auto-turrets

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blarg20011, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Blarg20011

These were called the Spitfire in PS1 right? Well, I want them, and it seems like many others due too, but are concerned about balance. Here is how I want them, and hopefully they would work.

There would be two versions, each having a TTK tie of approximately 1 second (Double your average gun)

The first would be fully automatic, with a fire rate of 1000 rpm, and a damage of 60 per round. It would have a detection range of 25 meters, and would not be effective far past that anyway due to spread. It would also have a .1 second detection time before firing (on the nearest target). From the front it would have 1500 health, and 500 on the back and side (Some sort of physical shield would be present on the front).

The second type would fire 3 rounds per second, with a 1 second cooldown between bursts. Each bullet would do 334 damage. It would have a detection range of 100 meters and nearly perfect accuracy, with the same delay as the automatic one. It would also have only 750 frontal health and the same back/side health as the other.

So, the first certs invested (200, 500, 1000?) would get you one turret of your choice, another investment gets you another turret, can only carry one type at a time.

Question? Comments? Concerns? I am completely open to changing these mechanics if people point out flaws in them.
  2. Blarg20011

Come on, can no-one take the time to reply to a non troll/whine thread? Even to say "Blarg this idea is the worst I have ever seen?"
  3. the pestimist

wrong section ideas and suggestions.
  4. JChronus

Only the NC should have this turret and it should kill with 1 shot, that should keep them happy :confused:
  5. INFP

No thank you. If I get killed by someone I want them to have actually had to point their crosshair at me.

Make it distance limited remote control, then im ok with it.
  6. Blarg20011

The ideas and suggestions tab is pretty dead tho, figured it would get more exposure here.
  7. the pestimist

yes and no.
  8. Blarg20011

Well, I will ctrl+C it over there then, can you delete threads?
  9. FlayvorOfEvil

The only acceptable type of turret would probably be something like the Wrangler from TF2.
  10. Blarg20011

Would be cool, I would accept this as a substitute.