[Suggestion] Auto Turrets

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Weterman, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Weterman

Bases should have auto turrets like they did in Planetside 1. Once the bug that makes random regions uncapturable gets fixed, there could be a problem with 1 guy going to a base and capturing it, then people don't notice it's being captured, or if they do, where they were fighting before will have less support. If we have auto turrets that work how they did in Planetside 1, this won't happen. This ninja capturing already happens, it will be worse when the bug gets fixed.
  2. Ribero

There's a kind of AutoTurret in the works, coming Soon™

They really divide opinion from what I can tell, so perhaps wait and see how this first bunch do, before we go trying for more.
  3. Mitheledh

Indeed. It's been stated that ultimately they want players to have more control over base defenses and the auto turrets are the first step in that.
  4. Borsty

5. BobSanders123

I just want auto turrets at the warpgate. It is the 29th century and the idiots in charge don't even realize their base of operations can't defend itself from enemy gunships and fighters.
  6. DrPapaPenguin

We got a big frikkin shield, isn't that enough for now?
  7. Tuco

Bases should not have autoturrets, and if they put them in they risk ending up like WWIIONLINE AI which was nothing but infuriating and did nothing for base defense, just like auto turrets on bases in PS1 did nothing for defense.

The Anti Aircraft AI was only good for dragging enemy air over.
    The Anti Infantry AI was good at killing you through 3 lines of invisible bushes.
    The Anti Tank AI was only good for destroying axis tanks with their paper thin armor.
  8. BobSanders123

Private: Sir! Nearly 600 enemies with anti air are sitting on top of that one ridge near the Indar Eastern Warpgate! What shall we do?

Officer: Don't worry private, we have this big frikkin shield to protect us.

Private But, Sir! What about our forces in the front lines? They need air support ASAP! We're losing Prowlers by the minute to enemy gunships and reavers!

Officer: Don't worry private, I'm sure these guys will go away.

*after 3 hours and over two hundred mosquitos destroyed the camoers finally left*

-5 days later-

Private: SIR! THE CAMPERS ARE BACK!

Officer: Don't worry private, we have thos big frikkin shield to protect us.

Private: SHOULDNT WE HAVE LEARNED FROM OUR MISTAKE AND BUILT OFFENSIVE STRUCTURES?

Officer: You are demoted to private.

Private: ... I THOUGHT YOU IDIOTS WERE PROFESSIONALS!
    • Up x 1
  9. Weterman

The turrets were good for stopping one guy from sneaking into a base and capping it by himself. Yes people could spawn at the base and kill him, but lots of times in planetside 2 no one notices that a base is being captured. And it's just an inconvenience.