Auto-Scout thoughts?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Keidranex, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Navron

They are statistically, AFAIK. But for some reason, I hear the VS and TR prefer their ES weapons over the Vandal and the majority of NC people I know prefer the Vandal over the Shadow. Dunno....maybe its just a mentality thing.
  2. OldMaster80

Personally I love all Scout Rifles, and I also suggest every Infiltrator to have a look at semi-auto sniper rifles with 2x or 3.4x scope. In some cases they can be treated like some kind of heavy scout rifles. For instance I auraxiumed the KSR-35 and sometimes I still use it. Sure you are less reliable on the move and you cannot really hipfire, but if you're an ADS guy they they deal tons of damage.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. Metal Insomniac

It probably has something to do with the Shadow sounding like garbage. The Vandal sounds significantly more badass. NC really needs a weapon sound overhaul if you ask me.
    • Up x 1
  4. Jac70

I have Aux'd the Artemis. To get the best from it you need to focus on headshots and its best range is close/mid. Pretty much everything else is better so it synergises with the Infiltrator cloak which allows you to be a sneaky scrubber who can get the drop on enemies. In a fair fight you're screwed.

I do use it on my Stalker Inf hunter build because you can put a Darklight on it. Another plus for the Artemis is it is pretty much silent if you put a suppressor on it.
  5. _itg

The Vandal and Shadow have exactly the same damage model. There's no circumstance where one takes more shots to kill than the other. The major difference between the two is that the Vandal trades some velocity for 0.75x ADS. The Vandal also has marginally better hipfire and a larger mag/longer reload.

The TR Shadow equivalent (HSR-1) is 100% identical. The VS version trades a small amount of velocity for zero bullet drop, so it's effectively a straight upgrade over the other two, especially if you want to use a suppressor.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ginjix

Auraxiumized the Artemis, Nyx, and Vandal (in that order) and I always find myself going back to the Nyx or at least using it more often. The one thing I dislike about the Vandal is that it is significantly louder compared to the Nyx, even with a suppressor. The sound is negligible in large fights, but still bothersome when your trying to not draw attention to yourself.

It seems to me that in most situations that the auto-scout rifle is meant for the semi-autos are just better to use in general. This might just be personal preference. Not saying auto-scouts suck, just that other weapons the infiltrator has access to tend to be more reliable more often. I think the auto-scout can do with a velocity buff with access to HVA and maybe SPA.
  7. Exitus Acta Probat

No bullet drop is pretty useless on a close to mid range weapon, I'd much rather have a larger mag or higher bullet velocity.
  8. Navron

I'm going to disagree. I've tested this at different ranges extensively. I'll make a short video later.
  9. _itg

I'd be really interested to see it, because you've uncovered a bug if you're right. You can look up the weapons on the wiki or in the famous spreadsheet (or in game, too, I guess) to confirm that both weapons are supposed to do 334 out to 15m, 280 at 75m.
  10. Navron

Ok. So before I went to record, I went to the VR to verify my claim. As it turns out, the only inconsistency between the Vandal and Shadow I'm getting is when firing at Infils but I can't seem to figure out the reason of why. Sometimes the Vandal needs 3 and the Shadow needs 4 from 50m but generally it's 4 (body shots). Only two headshots required at recommended semi-auto ranges for both weapons.

So I asked someone who was with me when I tested to make sure I'm not crazy and he verified the results that we had come up with during the original testing. To be fair, these tests were when the Vandal first came out so maybe something changed. But sure enough, they are essentially the same now. I guess I can go back to Auraxiuming it. :p
  11. Leivve

I like me that semi auto scout rifle, I'm about to get the scopeless semi sniper for my NC alt so I'll compare notes before deciding which is better.
  12. EqualWin

the default tr and vs are pretty decent, it only takes 3? or 4 shots to kill someone. idk why every1 hate them, (tho i mostly play smg with farmistic) sometimes i pull it off and go kill people, from medium range or hell even 360 no scope range pretty much insta kill anyone and they dont have time to react, tho they're bad for sniping from long range.
  13. _itg

For me, the fundamental flaw with the semi-auto snipers is mainly that you're a sitting duck to bolt-action countersnipers. You can't hit anything if you strafe while shooting, but you die if you don't. They can work quite well in smaller fights or in certain ambush scenarios. I want to try my Impetus on Hossin if the philistines of Connery will ever set foot there again, since it's such an unfriendly place for long-range snipers.
  14. PanzerGoddess

flaw with semi auto snipers......my opinion is a good semi auto sniper is far more effective than an actual bolt action. Most of the bas I run into stand still, cloak and de-cloak to shoot which makes them the sitting duck vs a semi. I base that solely on the fact all semi require a ttk even with majority of hs, so unless you think u are gonna be ok standing still and spitting bullets down the line you best be moving and shooting, with some patience and practice you can shoot on the run with no problem.

And if you've done both cqc or objective moving using a bolt and semi you would understand a semi has is uses with medium to short range, rather aim down the barrel and put a clip down than miss with my say tsar-42 and have a heavy or two running at you. I have yet to play the long range sniping game so this is all opinion, and anyone who has ran with me in-game knows I run and gun and enjoy cqc using the tsar42, ksr53 and soas.
  15. Keldred

I think they are just right, i haven't used the other faction weapons but the damage models are exactly the same. The Artemis feels like an Orion for a Infiltrator. i love it.
  16. Maxence822

Personally love the auto-scouts, amazing ambush and guerrilla weapons. Used with EMP they are very nice. I think they should receive a bit of an accuracy buff and perhaps a slight velocity buff as well. Other than that probably my favorite weapons in the game
  17. Moz

Shadow > Vandal allll day eryday..... imho :D

That 0.75 ADS is nice on the Vandal though!

What i don't get..... the Shadow is listed with a "high" effective range and the Vandal as "medium" but they both carry their damage out to the same distances. I guess the Shadow does have the higher bullet velocity!?