Authentificator + Regroup server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Muzai, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Muzai

Hello girls and guys, (I'm sorry about my english)

First, I think Daybreak should add an authentificator like a lot of game company do (Blizzard, Steam....)
    I can already heard : "I got already an Auth on Steam" yeah but steam launch only the launcher, our account are on Daybreak server, PS2 acc isn't same as Steam acc sadly.

Second, I found this : http://steamcharts.com/app/218230 and I'm worried about the future of the game, I remember when we were really massive on the same server and the same map, it was an apocalyptic fight, really amazing time. So I'm asking to myself : what if Daybreak make only one server by region, I mean by example : EU Cobalt only, players on Miller moove to Cobalt. Like this we could do better championship we more player.

What do you think about it?

Likely, Muzai
  2. Nabil1998

Could you please explain this? Do you mean SteamGuard? Or just something like Origin/UPlay?

Anyway. Planetside really doesn't need either of those.

Try Google Translate next time :D
  3. FateJH

Do you believe account hijacking is or will become an issue for this game?
    (SOE did used to have an account authenticator type whatsis. I really don't know much about it; and, I only know about it because it was featured previously in one of the Launchpad's splash elements.)
    I suppose this is probably the best place to ask. Are we certain the majority of people play this game by launching though Steam?
    • Up x 1
  4. Odins Son

Although im on Cobalt myself, I'd say the servermerge / smash would result into miller... as seen on last serversmash.
  5. Iridar51

I remember seeing a statistic that 50% of PS2 players launch it through steam.
  6. Gundem

Sadly, PS2's population has indeed been receding since launch. It was pretty fast at launch in part due to game imbalance, but also partially due to people realizing that this game has no core and no structure. With no reason to fight and no ability to use tactics to gain an advantage, no metagame or actual objectives beyond "Zerg this base, cap this point", only the most dedicated and passionate about this game have managed to stay, and we still manage to loose them over time

This is all made worse by the fact that PS2 has no advertising or marketing at all. I remember SOE at least use to have those dinky little "Play now!" War Thunder or WoT ads, but those are gone as well now.