Auraxium Mercenary. What next???

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by McMan, Feb 7, 2015.

1. McMan

I had great time with mercenary, it is my favourite weapon but now its time to try something else to get those free 200 certs.

For now I am considering between:
    -Bandit (good for CQC but has bad accuracy and it is very expensive)
    -Razor (very accurate but it has a low ROF)
    -AC-X11 (all arounder??)
    -the S version (slightly worse ROF but better atachments)

HELP ME DECIDE!!!!!! I generaly fight between 0 to 50 meters so close, medium and long range.
  2. Onhil

From what I have heard the Razor and AC-X11 are pretty good choices to use
  3. BlackSteel97

Go for the Razor, it has the highest bullet velocity of all NC carabines but it also works pretty well on CQC, just throw a compensator and fordward grip on it and you're done. It was my second Auraxium and I'm still loving it, my first was actually the Gauss Compact S, which I hate now.

I'm now working on my AC-X11, next will be the Mercenary and finally my GD-7F... I want my Fortuna.
  4. _itg

I'd go with the AC-X11. The 200-damage tier is really nice, since it's very effective at range without sacrificing close-range TTK, provided you're accurate.
  5. Iridar51

Bandit doesn't have bad accuracy =\ As far as CQC carbines go, Bandit is the most accurate one.
    Bandit and Razor are pretty much the same Mercenary, so pick them if you don't mind more of the same.
    AC-X11 is not an all-rounder, it's RoF and hip fire are just too bad in CQC.
    Gauss Compact S is actually pretty good, though it has a lot of recoil (same recoil pattern as AC-X11, multiplied by higher RoF).

All of these are good weapons, and you can't go wrong with any of them. I'd go with GCS or AC-X11 just for variety's sake.
  6. McMan

I meant Bandit has bad accuracy compared to carbines listed in my list. Anyway I have the Cyclone so I wont bother with the Bandit. So I decided to go with the AC-X11 because its damage per second is the same as mercenary and it looks cool and acts different.

Also where can I see full stats for these weapons? Those in game are not the greatest.
    • Up x 1
  7. Iridar51

This spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...OSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&f=true&noheader=false&gid=92

For full info check out my Gunplay Guide, link is in my signature.
  8. Corezer

the angled recoil of the razor made me a sad panda, it would be fine if I were TR, but I hate having to get used to something a little different, then as soon as a auraxium it having to get back used to straight vertical...

luckily, the grip goes a long way towards taming the angle

additionally, I hate high vertical recoil weapons now, like the bandit and even the tempest... now that vertical recoil shakes the whole screen around the dot, rather than moving your dot around, I just have a hard time aiming like that.

shame cause I really thought the tempest was gonna be the gun for me, but it's just not in the cards, back to the ACX I go (only with comp tho, I notice a huge difference in visual recoil with comps, even if the actual recoil is perfectly manageable)
  9. Demigan

I don't know about the Bandit, but I've auraxiumed the Razor , AC-X11 and S version.

-Razor (very accurate but it has a low ROF)
    A real nice weapon, great for your perching shootouts.

-AC-X11 (all arounder??)
    terrible hipfire, great weapon. Just make sure you don't get caught in CQC unless you are good with ADS in close quarters

-the S version (slightly worse ROF but better atachments)
    I used the S version when the underbarrel grenades were easy instant-kills. I would still recommend to use them every now and then. The underbarrel grenade is a great for some instant damage, great for damaging groups before the battle begins. For your CQC battles you need an underbarrel shotgun, it can be surprisingly powerful to switch to, and has saved my life a few times on the directive carbine.

But if you really want to be CQC, take the GD-7F. It's a mean machine, the closest weapon to a shotgun while still having more range. It also have the option for burst-firing to shoot at long-range if you really need to. Wonderful hipfire.
  10. McMan

After looking at the stats and guides, I came up with some conclusions.

-AC-X11 by itself has poor recoil, mediocre recoil variant (Varied horizontal recoil, no recoil angle)
    poor CoF, bad CoF bloom and bad bullet velocity for a precision carbine.

Its saving grace are the attachments as they all have cool bonuses:
    -Compensator reduces vertical recoil by 20% instead of regular 15% this is very needed because AC-X11 has a high vertical recoil (0.45) (0.495 with HVA) Rarely is a compensator so useful.
    -HVA gives you +70 m/s instead of the regular +5% bullet velocity
    - Has Advanced Forward Grip reducing horizontal recoil by 33% instead of 25% and brings your Horizontal tolerance to a very low 0.35.
    Also Its COF while ADSing and being still is 0, the best of all NC carbines but its COF from the hip is by far the worst, so you have to use and equip this gun to its advantages

Interesting how much is there to learn about weapons in this game and find all the hidden stats (which Iridar so nicely wrote down) :)
    • Up x 2
  11. Leivve

If you ever need help with LA, you go to Iridar senpai.
  12. Iridar51

Erm just to be clear, I didn't create the stats spreadsheet. I do use it a lot, but I had no part in its creation.
    I did however spend a lot of time figuring out how each stat works.

AC-X11 doesn't have CoF problems, though. What you have to understand about CoF bloom is that it's balanced around bullet damage. Weapons with low bullet damage will have low CoF bloom, and vice versa. So it all averages out in the end.

The only weapons that suffer from abnormal CoF bloom are 125 damage tier weapons, as they have CoF bloom of 143 damage bullets, and shotguns, which just have huge CoF bllom of 0.5.

AC-X11 is one of the best ranged carbines, both due to attachments and bullet damage - in ranged combat, higher bullet damage is preferable, just as high rate of fire is preferable in CQC. Velocity and recoil do limit the effective range, though.

I did try to use AC-X11 with laser as all-rounder just for ***** and giggles, and made a video out of it.

It can be fun, but it's very far from being optimal.
  13. LibertyRevolution

I would do the razor before doing the AC-X11. Razor is like the midground between Merc and ACX-11.
  14. MallowChunkage

Razor, the ROF and accuracy balance out, you spend more time shooting and more rounds are on target.
    And the reload speed, you hate downtime? This gun. This gun barely has downtime, probably my favorite all round carbine.
  15. DekkerDave

I went for GD7F. It is really great weapon to enjoy.
    • Up x 1
  16. actionpark

Question about the Bandit vs Merc:
    How accurate (ADS - horizontal recoil) is it with forward grip compared to a Merc without one?
    Little better, or simply on same level?
  17. Iridar51

Merc has 0.175/0.175 recoil, Bandit has 0.2/0.2. Basic Forward Grip reduces horizontal recoil by 25%, making it 0.15/0.15.

There is also a matter of Horizontal Recoil Tolerance, and Bandit has a higher one even with Forward Grip, but is not studied enough to know whether is this noticeable or not.
  18. lilleAllan

Don't know about recoil numbers, but bandit has slower bullets and an extra tier of damage drop off. It's slightly better than GD-7F at range but significantly worse than the Merc. would not auraxium again.