[Audio] No Sound Effects or Music, Only Chat

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Malebranche, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Malebranche

Just updated to GU12 and now my sound is gone, I can still teamspeak and chat using the mic and can hear others but no music or sound effects. Help! :eek:

My specs: Windows XP, Realtek HD audio
    • Up x 3
  2. SShocK

Weird. I take it you restarted the game/pc to see if that helps?
    Otherwise you could try deleting useroptions.ini and soundsettings.xml in your planetside2 folder.
    The launchpad will download a new useroptions/soundsettings but your game settings will be back at default. (not your keybindings)
  3. star23467

I have the same problem..
    i've asked some friends:
    looks like it's a problem with windows xp.
  4. xxxFail

Same. No sounds except voice chat =/
    Tried two sounds card Realtek HD & Creative 128, Windows XP
  5. Terramorph

Not sure if this is related to your problem, but I use a Creative sound card and have been losing audio sometimes when I log on. When I check Audio Settings I see Audio Device set to System Default. Clicking the System Default tab would give me another choice for "No Sound Driver" or something like that. If I selected the No Sound Driver, my sound would start working. Going back to check the Audio Device settings would then still show that I was using System Default, but my sound would still be working. I have had this problem off and on since GU11, so not sure if the same happens with GU12.

Might be worth a look if your still having trouble.
  6. scrubudu

+1

Same problem here with Creative Soundcard ( SB-XI-FI) Windows XP SP3. ( Default Device or SB XI-FI is showing but no sound anymore since last update.)

I would not react about my each 30 minutes crashes since months.. but now i really can't play anymore ! ;) (the only game that crashes on my PC.. )
  7. ttttz

+1 too.

XP SP3 32 bit+Realtek audio driver 5.10.0.6873+Nvidia 3.14 drivers.

SOE: While you are duplicating this, can you check for buggy frame rate lag/stutter on this OS as well?
  8. Xiana

Same, no SFX, no music, only voice chat.

I also get buggy framerate and weird random lags, then all smooth randomly.

Creative sound, Windows XP SP3
  9. BakBak95

I also have this issue. This issue seems only to afftect windows xp users ...
  10. Delv

Same here...tried deleting the user opt and sound settings to no avail...I receive voice chat and no other sounds:(
  11. The Tiggy

i have the exact same issues after literally patching the game not 5 mins ago, no sound what so ever and i am using Realtek HD Audio. hope this gets fixed and doesnt become another windows 7 only game :( i don't want to spend a ridiculous amount on getting 7 that i dont have on JSA atm
  12. Paden Quality Assurance

QA is currently investigating this issue.

Can we please get you guys to keep posting your specs? Also if some of you would contact me privately and give me a copy of your Useroptions.ini in your game client directory it would be greatly appreciated.

To do this please just right click on the PS2 Icon on your desktop and select Open File Location. Then navigate to that ini file and message me with it please.

Thanks
    • Up x 2
  13. Paden Quality Assurance

Ok thanks everyone. We have enough of these to get a head start. We'll let you know as soon as it is fixed.

Thanks for your help.
  14. Xiana

Windows XP SP3

Geforce GTX 550ti

Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24-Bit (PCI)

Nvidia nForce chipset motherboard
  15. Blackbird

I have no game audio . I do have Prox Chat . I saw a post on this subject and posted there , then saw that it was 7 month old post .
  16. Xiana

Well this one is from today lol so
  17. Corey Shay

Hi folks. I've found the problem and verified it should indeed only affect Windows XP users. I have pushed the fix for it into our code base and hopefully that should be making its way down to a hot fix by the end of tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for helping us spot it.
  18. Seyaret

Same specs, and same problem. I also tried with Logitec headset, still no audio besides chat. Hope to see a fix soon, as game is difficult to play without hearing anything.
  19. Lorginir

I have this problem too, Windows XP and Realtek HD audio.
    It is time to take a break for a couple of days then.
  20. scrubudu

I dunno if the code was pushed..
    Same problem today ( only chat voice hearing )

With one difference :

>> a noisy sound comes out now.. like a "blank" sound now. ( yesterday it was just real empty ) ( on the start Menu and in the game.)

Regards,