Audio Issue

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sontigon, May 24, 2019.

1. Sontigon

I know that this might not belong here, but i´m pretty lost in this forum.

I got a big problem with planetside 2: i have no sound while playing. no music, no weapon sound, nothing.
    only voice chats (squad, proximity…) are still working for me. also i can hear my own voice at the microphone check.

already reinstalled the game and my audio driver (uninstalled it at the device-manager, pc-restart and auto-reinstall, hope this was correct)
    i also already deleted those files (useroptions, soundsettings and so on) but it didnt helped ofcourse

would be great if someone got an idea how to fix the problem or at least knows what the problem actually is
  2. icufos

How do you plug in headset?

I would always use a USB connect.

Had many probs over the years with headphones and in the end, as said, I just went over to USB connect ones.
    Basically plug and play.

Think I did a clansite post on USB headphones ages ago.
    Think I had an issue and just took the opportunity do do a post about it.
    If your interested I'll post the address.
    At this point don't know your setup.
  3. Sontigon

sorry for late answer, i´ve already given up on this
    i dont think that there is an connection between this issue and my headset, cuz it doesnt work even without headphone
    like i said: the voice chats are working, but no music, no weapon sound...
  4. JibbaJabba

So if you have voice chat that means hardware/drivers and the game itself are all good.

One possibility:
    In the ingame-sound options you have a dropdown I believe that lets you select the output device. Seems like your voice dropdown is set correctly. Set the others to match it.

Another option, Right click your speaker on the windows taskbar. Select "sounds"
    Go to the playback tab. Right click your desired device and set it as default.
    Exit & relaunch the game.

Any ingame settings left at the default dropdown will now use whatever you just selected.
    • Up x 1
  5. PlanetBound

Check your settings. Change the audio source. Even if it's wrong.