Audio changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IamnotAmazing, Mar 14, 2014.

1. IamnotAmazing

so perhaps i've gone crazy, but-

the dalton sounds like a zepher
    the stock noseguns sound like the rotaries

this may just be me going crazy but the style of fighting these two weapons is totally different and will get you killed just because of audio changes
  2. Pikachu

Dalton has got a change. I havnt niticed change to nose gun.
  3. IamnotAmazing

perhaps I'm crazy, I just have a problem with hte lib guns mainly, cause fighting the dalton if you think it's a zepher has nearly gotten me killed several times
  4. Dead soldier

let's be honest, when is the lib ever a zepher and the lib knows what they're doing?
  5. IamnotAmazing

no, but after the dalton ai nerf I suspected people would be running the zepher more often, then I hear that sound and figure it's a zepher, then one round passes by my cockpit and it scares the life out of me
  6. Dead soldier

hmm. I might try a solo-zepher cause I used to do it but failed a lot. Do you know how many shots are needed to kill a lib? 3?
  7. IamnotAmazing

not even close, I would guess several clips, I know it's at least one clip
  8. Dead soldier

2 shots to kill an ESF, I think it's 5. But maybe 4 now.
  9. Leonard McCoy

I believe the stock nose guns have always shared one and the same basic sound sample with the rotaries, with the only difference being the frequency with which the sound sample is being played (dependent on the individual fire rate of the weapon). Therefore, it's very difficult to hear an audible difference between Mustang and Vortek for example, especially as an enemy.
  10. IamnotAmazing

no I could usually tell a difference before the update
  11. HLM

I definitely noticed this, and it got me killed on the first day of the patch.

Fresh of out the warpgate, heard the "poof" sound of a zephyr and went in to attack. I was not as cautious as I would have been when attacking a lib, not expecting to get 1-shotted.

I got 1-shotted.
    • Up x 1