AT mine + C4 brick combo trap

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by unsinnsschmierer, Feb 12, 2013.

1. M4L4CH1TE

Can someone confirm whether this trick still works or am I throwing away explosives.
  2. Chiggerbite

I did this again at Rashnu tonight, so I can confirm that it still works. Funny thing is I had a ton of NC watching me through the doors while I was setting up (weren't very many defenders besides myself)... yet still got 12 kills from the fireworks.... lol.

Another tip... be mindful of other engineers doing the same thing. If they put a mine too close to your setup, they could potentially blow the whole thing before enough enemies even get in to make it profitable.... making your work all for naught. Also... don't set this up too early. You need to do it right before the base flips. I've set up too early and had someone mis-throw a grenade... wiped an entire room full of friendlies.
    • Up x 3
  3. firelog4

To all my fellow Biotic Explosion Enthusiasts,

Please post videos or at least screenshots of your explosive placements, I'm interested in what others are doing!

Here's a not so smooth attempt, Chiggerbite will have seen this type of thing happen before. This happened yesterday, so I can confirm (with hard evidence) it still works.

Can anybody figure out what set off my explosives though???
  4. Serval

Where was the AP mine for them? I can't figure out if it was the one near the door or not, if it wasn't then maybe someone temporarily lagged through a wall or something as you wouldn't get the kills if it didn't think you set it off yourself.
  5. firelog4

The 2 AP mines (my usual placement) is at the base of the both stairs.

My Possibilities

1. NC guy (Mustakrasich) at the right terminal, as soon as he switches classes (seen at 0:29 in video), it all goes boom .

2. MAX Omnimom shoots a mine, though I didn't see this happen.

3. Someone lagged through a wall, triggered the AP mine on stairs (seen at 0:16 in video). Or the AP mine clipped outside somehow?
  6. Chiggerbite

This would be my guess too... or someone dropped C4/grenade on the outside of that wall and the explosion bled through. SOE has fixed quite a bit so explosions don't bleed into shielded rooms as much, but there are still some holes.

I also noticed another engineer, Welds1, was dropping mines. It looks like he dropped an AP mine right by the door at 0:04. I don't think this affected the outcome though. But... his mine may have set your setup off, if it wasn't for the mishap.

I did find it a little strange that your AT mine by the terminal went off late compared to everything else.

If there are too many 'X factors', I don't use this tactic... but I'll try to remember to record it the next time I set it up.
    • Up x 1
  7. Czuuk

Now this bloke knows what we're talking about.

T1s t3h v01c3z
  8. untilted

ok, i'm quite new to these crazy machines shenanigans with explosives ... but what i experienced C4 is better placed on the terminals and only activated like 30seconds after the base flipped. afterall - once the place is secure people bunch up at the terminal to do stuff. so i guess the optimal outcome would be an AP/AT mine combo in the center of the room and seperate from it C4 on the terminals.

on another note - i was already on the receiving end of a C4/AT mine combo on a road. was a nasty surprise :eek:
  9. hammyhamm

There is also the Claymore + C4 super-happy-chain for anti-squad goodness (needs an engi and two LA/Medics):
    Code:
    Entry ---------hallway--------- Exit
      C4    C4    C4    C4  Claymore
    It will take a little time to figure out the right spacing but it works like a charm!
    • Up x 3
  10. firelog4

Hammy could you take an ingame screenshot of your setup please?
  11. Shiaari

2 C4 should be enough to kill a sundy, but SOE disagrees.
  12. firelog4

I'm pretty sure we aren't talking about Sundies right now, but about Spawn Room Mining.
  13. firelog4

Made Episode 10 of Spawn Room Kaboom!
    I may need to buy more Tank Mines, 400 certs seems like alot for one more mine though. I usually have partners to add to the explosive count now too, which really helps.

• Up x 1
  14. RasFW

That is absolutely evil. Thats almost as good as the Evil Byblos router of Planetside 1 (Video below).

For the people who have no idea whats going on, this is the last NC base before the cave "locked." Every person who spawned it was forced through that router (white thing), and catapulted into the lava below.
  15. Takoita

There was some talk that Engie AP mines and Infil AP mines count as different sets and can be set up simultaneously. Is there any truth to that?
  16. firelog4

Will investigate.
  17. Acuta

Setting an AP mine with an AT mine near a BioLab Gen is a great way to wipe out a ScatMAX or 3 (NC, like ALWAYS put ScatMAX in the Gen room because of the sheer difficulty of rooting them back out again).

Have trapped a spawn room a couple times with an AT mine or 2 and, again, an AP mine to trigger it. Most of the time anyone rushing the room will spam a rocket or 3, so it doesn't always work, but on the odd occasion it does...
  18. Ghosty11

^ I do this as well if there are enough campers.
  19. Separatists

i just go LA with 2 c4's and place them a few meters in front of the consoles, watch enemies pour in when the base flips, detonate the c4's and suicide =) lol. less resources used is better imo
  20. firelog4

For me, it is about the rush to get into the Biolab before the SCU falls.
    the intricate dance of placing three types of mines,
    antagonizing the enemies to make them rush in with gusto,
    willing teammates from setting the explosives off,
    then watching from a high perch the explosive chaos that ensues.

The kills are almost secondary, it is the journey that gives deeper meaning. I have yet to attain full bliss, for it is a journey of a thousand steps.
    • Up x 2