[Suggestion] Assign camo per continent

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WetChickenNugget, Jul 28, 2015.

1. WetChickenNugget

I have three different camos - well, three that I actually use. Grey/white for Esamir, Green for Amerish and Hossin, and tan for Indar. But I have to change the camo every time I change continents. I would love a way to assign a camo pattern to a continent so that every time I went to that continent it would use the camo I assigned.
    Please, please, please, can I have this?
    • Up x 3
  2. FBVanu

This has been asked for so many times.. one of these days, maybe, DBG will actually try to make this happen.

Always funny to see a vehicle player who forgot to change their camo, now rolling with Snow camo on Indar... ooops.

One would think that this should not be that difficult to program.
  3. Jake the Dog

would definitely save me a few seconds at the wg, it would be a nice convenient feature
  4. CorporationUSA

Seems like this should have been a feature from the beginning. In fact, they probably should have had set camos for each continent for everyone too. How do the armies of this fictional universe not see the importance of environment specific camo?
    • Up x 1
  5. Foxirus

With the current camo coverage being the joke that it is? Not likely to happen. Hell, I haven't touched a single camo since they reduced the coverage buying wise. I could only imagine the sales for camos are going poorly enough they decide to increase coverage.
  6. Joseph L.

This may be annoying before reaching BR15 (if I remember right), when you already unlocked all 3 loadout slots.

I solved the cammo switching, making each slot for a given continent, and maybe one faction specific.

- Slot 1: White Esamir
    - Slot 2: Green or Dark for Amerish and Hossin
    - Slot 3: Indarwise or faction specific.

If I have to switch something, is the weapons for a specific scenario (main, side arm and even launcher). But all in all, is much faster than changing cammos.
  7. fogartyfreaks

you could do that, but many people, including me have multiple loadout slots for different roles with that class. I would rather spend a couple seconds changing the camo instead of chnaging the whole loadout
  8. Pikachu

Indar should get 3 slots because 3 biomes. The technical part would be that camos are linked to skyfiles.
  9. Towie

I was somewhat embarrassed when I found out that you can easily change the ENTIRE camo for all infantry types at the same time from the loadout screen; I didn't notice the arrows and camo boxes at the bottom of the character - that blanket changes camo (weapons too) as you cycle through the options.

Of course I expect that most know this but just in case someone didn't...

Now it's relatively painless - and I would otherwise need many options (I change between night and day too).
  10. eldarfalcongravtank

ughh you wouldnt BELIEVE how much that bothers me. i always choose my infantry/weapon/vehicle camo based on the environment i fight in, primarily in order to blend in better.

but when i end up seeing some careless teammate roll green camo on esamir or white camo in indar deserts, i lose all respect for him. occasionally i also send him a tell or write in region chat stuff like "dude go back to esamir with your white magrider!"[while we were fighting on indar]. sorry but certain things have to be said;) with that in mind, i dont care if enemies do that. easier to spot them
  11. Asageh

Plot Twist, Environmental Camo doesn't give you an edge in a firefight, you're only fooling yourself.
  12. ColonelChingles

It actually happens IRL too... possibly because repainting vehicles may take time and money. This was in the most recent Iraq war:

[IMG]

Back in the first Iraq war we had our marines running around in a funny mix of woodland and 3-colour desert. Someone call the fashion police!

[IMG]

Maybe that Magrider was trying to roleplay as a UN peacekeeper?

[IMG]

Or he just didn't realize that it would be getting a bit colder all of a sudden!

[IMG]