[Suggestion] ASP skill: replace HA class ability for improved weaponry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FIN Faravid, May 1, 2019.

1. FIN Faravid

Heavy assaults specialize in killing people. They dont have any other way to support their team, they must kill people, including vehicles.

Well, let me suggest advanced specialization program skill that is trade off: you would loose heavy assault's nanite shield, but in order get more versatile and improved weapon. TR for example could get improved version of TORQ assault rifle, it could be same as TORQ but with 909 round per minute rate of fire and 50 or 60 round magazine. It would be better weapon than most of TR lmgs or assault rifles for most situations. Perhaps also give improved pistol, for example T4 Amp with 40 round magazine. This improved TORQ and improved pistol would also suit well for TR's faction charasteristics.
    But just like anything in the game, it would be a trade off. You effectively would be supremely versatile medium assault. So it would not be overpowered even though you would get one (or 2) of the best weapons in the game.
    You would still specialize in same role as heavy assault: killing people and being versatile front line infantry. Light assaults have more mobility, but smaller magazines and less long range capabilities.

Lot of heavies value their shields, i just like to play heavy assault because of versatility. I would gladly give up my shield to get improved TORQ.

NC and VS heavy assaults who choose the perk would also get improved version of versatile weapon with faction charasteristics. I dont play enough NC and VS to suggest much, but more easy to control 200 damage LMG for NC sounds pretty darn great.

For in-universe explanation, you could say that heavy assaults carry powered exoskeleton on their hands that allows them to handle weapons better, allowing them to use stronger weaponry.

Thoughts? I certainly would love to have medium assault that can engage any targets at any range - but still not replace heavy assault or medic or engineer or light assault or infriltrator or max.