ASP question

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LtBomber1, Apr 5, 2018.

1. LtBomber1

Since ASP is coming to LIVE servers today, i have a question on my mind:

If one gets to BR100 and signs up for ASP, they get the SAME treatment as BR120 players?

If so, i complain about injustice. Since the grind from 100-120 is the same as 1-100, vets should get something as compensation:
    • Free/discount ASP access, 500 certs per Battlerank past BR100 (very unlikely)
    • one extra ASP point (Gives maybe motivation for others to finish BR120 first)
    • Cosmetics, maybe a banner with special texture effects(I like this idea the most. Example could be: The ASP logo in red on gold with BR120 written. Auraxium display effects.
    All in all my concern is that as a insinged BR120 you may "lose" all the "time" invested. Yes, you have more certs, but something honourable would be cool.
  2. Naskoni

The whole idea behind the ASP is to make veterans want to cough up for subscription and/or boosters. If they gave them everything from the get go there wouldn't be much incentive to spend more money on a sub, would it?
  3. LtBomber1

Thats right, and i dont have a problem with that, like i said, "unlikely".
    However, something honourable would be just... nice. So at least at some point one can show that one made it to BR120 before ASP and have some compensation. Sure, we have the decal and the title, but that doesnt cut it in my opinion.
  4. Prudentia

Destroyer, Champion, Conqueror, Predator, Dreadnaught.
    • Up x 1
  5. RumpelAusDerTonne

You will not "lose" any invested time. There are other games, like all of the WoW-kind, where an expansion renders all your gear worthless.

I just got BR 115 now and I will complete BR120 before activating ASP. Why? Simply because I like to achive something even if it's "just a title" that I would never have the chance again to get. I will need a score of 4.7m xp for that which is like getting from Rank 1 to 61 and thats fine.
  6. Leandre

I've played a thousand hours over level 100... before we got able to level up to 120... I've never complained! I did take a long brake around that event so i'm not lvl 120 even if maybe I played more than you in the last 5 years...who care? We have reached the maximum potential of the game at one point, then they release something new. So you want the new stuff max out already? It's not fair dude!
  7. borgqueenx

Well, Its not like infiltrators get much incentive to join this program.
    • Up x 1
  8. Exitus Acta Probat

You know you have equal access to all classes right?

You aren't limited to only playing infiltrator.
  9. zman2020

So, to clarify, there is no material gain for achiving BR 120 beyond personal satisfaction? If I am BR 114, is there any in-game benefit for reaching BR 120 before activating ASP?
  10. RumpelAusDerTonne

only titles
    in your case Predator for rank 115
    Dreadnaught for BR120
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Rank
  11. SquirtAttack

Some people are better at certain classes than they are with others. Some are better at infiltrator than others and so they play that primarily. Like the person before you was trying to make clear is those that primarily play infiltrator are getting screwed. It doesn't matter what other classes you have equal access to, if you primarily play infiltrator, you are not going to do the ASP program.