ASP Concerns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by YellowJacketXV, Dec 5, 2019.

1. YellowJacketXV

So I'm sitting here at BR70 contemplating that when I get to BR100 and get some Engineer bonus points I'd be able to enjoy them. Think PS2 will be up for at least two more years?
  2. Exileant

;) Yes it will. Even after P.S.5 hits, I am sure this game will still be just a active. It is one of the few games I play where I still see a decent amount of people at 3:30 am cutting lose like it is the last day of college classes. :confused: Just be careful what you choose.... because you will be stuck with it. :D Unless they unleash paid Re-spec. o_O I know a looooot of people were not careful and messed themselves up with a point or two. I know I almost did..... If I did not read everything like 4 times before I select, I would have been ALL messed up. :p Excitement does that....
  3. YellowJacketXV

My character is right there in the signature tab.
    More than half of my playtime is spent as engineer. I'm pretty sure I know which direction I'm taking with this character.
  4. Demigan

They shouldn't keep the ASP's for purely after reaching BR 100.

People should get 1 ASP for free when they start, and be allowed to respec this once every 24 hours. This gives them the freedom to at least pick one ASP and try it out, as well as the option to test various ASP's or for veterans to change mistakes without players being able to quickly swap out their ASP's on the fly.
    With this as both a small equalizer between non-ASP and ASP players and as a carrot showing players "this is what you'll be getting more of if you work long and hard enough" it would make the ASP system much better for all involved.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

Like you I play Engi as my main infantry class, and I love the ASP available!
    I now hold points as a cloaking engi with LMG and Shotgun! :D

Though I would recommend that everyone's first ASP point goes into reducing the cost of their favourite vehicle!
    I love to skywhale, so i can now pull gals and libs for only 10 nanites more than ESFs! (360 down from 450)
  6. YellowJacketXV

Yes, but my favorite vehicle is the ESF and I actually use construction systems.

I generally make a small firebase and plant a support air terminal on it and boom, 700 cortium for a plane instead of 350 nanites. It's free real estate.
  7. AlcyoneSerene

Still remember when Wrel said on reddit they'd make dual pistols worth something for cloaked infiltrators which otherwise have no use since the primary weapon slot is disabled. Nothing came of that.

Then there's respec, still not available since ASP release. It needs to exist, especially considering the nature of the game changes at least a little.

I'm just sitting on 2 respec tokens for both my 2 mains, cause I can't decide between carbine access on medic, pistol primary, shotgun secondary on engineer, and assault rifle or LMG access on engineer.
  8. OgreMarkX

Yup, I remember all too well how Wrel said respec would be a thing....how long ago was that and how many times since then has he snidely responded to any customer's question about it? Wrel is the primary reason that I don't believe a word from the DBG Planetside team. Arrogance is not achievement.

As a side note Alcyone, I have the LMG and Shotgun secondary for my engineer. I like each.

For my last ASP (after waiting a long time like you but then Wrel said respec was coming (HAHAHHAHAHAHA)) I went ahead and selected assault rifle for medic secondary. Bad choice. Very bad choice. But no worries, respec is coming. In the year 2525. And if it does, it will not have been tested prior to live.

"I aLrEaDy aDdrEsSeD tHe rESpeC iN oThEr tHrEaDs" -A Youtuber.
  9. Towie

Sadly - I would say - there's little chance of PS2 surviving another two more years. I truly hope it does but I just can't see it.

Afraid the level of cheating has got to such a level that many of the paying players (like I was - for a good many years) are just no longer willing to be so.

Funnily enough PS2 is still getting some new players - that alas, seem to be more willing to spend their cash on a hack than DBG. Just joined with an SPM over 1000 and S+ S++ all over the place ? Reported, yet still playing ? All the time.

Meanwhile the old guard play less and less - and pay less and less - so the financial reality of 'can we keep paying for servers and people' becomes a real headache.

It has always been a battle of DBG vs CHEAT - I fondly remember the period post Battleye introduction - but that is a dim and distant memory and doesn't relate to the current PS2 experience at all.
  10. Scroffel5

I think we need more variety for ASP. There is currently nothing that I'd think of taking for Infiltrators, my main, and I'd like to see some more variety in vehicles. What if we could open up a variety of different weapon choices on vehicles? I could see where that would go wrong, but I'd like to see it happen, like AA for a Flash, my main vehicle, or a cool canon for a Harasser.
  11. Exileant

:rolleyes: That would defeat the point of rewarding older generation players.... :confused: So not really. All it would serve to do at this point is stop some a few more old players from playing as they would feel like they wasted time leveling, when everyone can just start out with 1 A.S.P. point. Now for those who have attained A.S.P. status already? ;) Sure, a high cost re-skill option would be great.
  12. JibbaJabba

Solution is something else: We are way overdue for a massive increase in cert gain. Both for new players and old ones spinning up new Alts. It would also get new players to ASP faster.
  13. YellowJacketXV

Actually, I'd be pretty damn fine with just having a free ASP point.

In my opinion, one ASP should be granted at rank 50, with the tree opening up at rank 100 to prestige 1. It would be unfair to give one to a directly new player because they might waste it on something they don't truly want. At rank 50 you know what playstyle you like.
  14. TRspy007

Lol ,you'll prolly reach ASP before that. The game's not going to die for a long time.

If you really want to get ASP, consider the membership or boosts to help speed your xp gain. The ASP is really good for the engineer, but not the best for other classes. So make sure you check if it's really what you want before you invest 10k certs and all your times towards it.

I really wish we could equip directive weapons with the ASP perks. Idk why I can't have a butcher engineer.
  15. Demigan

New players: 1 ASP.
    Older players: up to 5 ASP.

I don't see your point.

Also the point is to make the re-skill almost costless by allowing you to change one ASP once every 24 hours. That offers players the option to experiment without allowing them to change their entire ASP's at a moments notice.
  16. YellowJacketXV

Honestly my TR main is the only character I want ASP on at all. I love TR ARs and just want one on my engie. I'm also an engineer main by a wide margin so there's that too.
    • Up x 1
  17. TRspy007

You're gonna love ASP then. I liked it the most for my TR engineer main also. Props to being an engineer main also dude, it's not a class many people play.
  18. YellowJacketXV

I noticed that when I was playing my robot on the VS there were so few people repping maxes that they would fight each other or shoot me once to get me to rep them first.

I find it absolutely bizarre, there should always be a good (like at least 25%) number of engineers on any assaulting base. Especially TR since their MAXes are so good. Also TR because of claymores. Seriously, the fact that I don't see claymore mines everywhere on a TR offense OR defense makes me sigh with disbelief every day.

Engineers are the best class for anti-vehicle play, anti-max play, anti-infantry play, point holding, vehicle play, and construction play. It's a hard pill to swallow for some I guess.
  19. Exileant

o_O Older players, 150+B.R. THEN 1 A.S.P.
    :confused: New Players 0 B.R. yet get 1 point. Defeats the purpose of having the system. o_O A.S.P. was put in place so the older players that have done everything, now have something to shoot for. Heck the unwashed players have already maxed that out.... They need to earn the right to have a bonus like that, just like I did. A.S.P. Rearranging is never going to be free that would be a stupid business decision. D.C.U.O. offers power re-specs for in-game money and Power SET changes for 10 bucks a pop. ;) I foresee them eventually offering A.S.P. swaps for 10 or more each; which will keep the game floating along for a while as everyone will want to try new things and set themselves up different every so often.
  20. Exileant

:D I know you would. Hahahaha! But no, to be honest A.S.P. really only has one smart route to go with it currently, which needs to remain closed to new players because all it will serve to do is pretty much get themselves killed trying to abuse the point area where they spent their point. A crutch that will lock them into staying with what they THINK is working, rather than experimenting with the other items and potentially finding something they KNOW is working. o_O At level 50, I still did not know what I wanted to main for real. :p Everything seemed equally horrible.