[Suggestion] ASP and Cert options

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TR5L4Y3R, Aug 13, 2019.

1. TR5L4Y3R

current ASP options imo are too mundane and unintresting
    for how much time both members and especialy f2p-players have to invest into
    and some options i rather feel should be certoptions to the classes

- infil should get the following asp and certoptions:
    ASP shotgun primary
    ASP smg secondary
    ASP or cert rockletrifle primary along with ammunitionspouch
    ASP archer primary (or both with rockletrifle and ammunitionspouch)
    cert AV grenade
    cert smoke grenade

- medic
    ASP Archer Primary
    ASP stickynade
    ASP EMP grenade
    ASP AV mines
    cert rockletrifle primary along with ammunitionspouch
    cert smoke grenade
    cert AV grenade
    cert AI mines
    cert decoy grenade

- light assault
    ASP battlerifle Primary
    ASP shotgun secondary
    ASP stickynade
    ASP EMP grenade
    ASP AV grenade
    ASP AV mines
    ASP or cert AI mines

- engineer
    ASP battlerifle secondary
    ASP Archer secondary
    ASP rockletrifle primary, secondary or toolslot
    ASP rocketlauncher primary or toolslot
    cert smokegrenade
    cert AV grenade
    cert decoy grenade

- HA assault
    ASP battlerifle secondary
    ASP Archer secondary
    ASP shotgun secondary
    ASP smg secondary
    ASP EMP grenade
    ASP stickynade
    ASP AV mines
    ASP or cert AI mines

please throw all of this into playtest at least ..
    also add a option to respec asp tokens, thank you ...
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

ASP shotgun infil would be OP. Infiltrators can overcome most disadvantages of shotguns and the auto shotgun would dominate in many ways while the pump-action could be used for screwing enemies over with OHK's too easily.

Otherwise all I would do is add that all non-prestige players get to pick one ASP so they get both a taste of the system and arent held back.
    Additionally, all players get to change 1 ASP every 24 hours. This is mainly so newbies can experiment with ASP's but also allows veterans to swap out choices if they made a mistake.

For those who are going to proclaim that LA's would be OP with long range weapons. While LA's would have an easier time reaching sniping spots they would always be more vulnerable and easier to combat than Infiltrators. Especially since Infiltrators would have a massively easy time countersniping as the Infil has a chance to take time for his shot while cloaked and the LA does not.
    • Up x 2
  3. TR5L4Y3R

any thoughts on the other suggestions? or are you ok with them?
  4. Demigan

I'm ok with them. Seem like good choices to specialize in for classes, which is the point of ASP.
  5. Badman76

Do away with shotgun primary and smg secondary for infiltrator, but how about battlerifle secondary?
  6. TR5L4Y3R

stalkersuit .. that´s why rather smg secondary for up close

kinda thinking bout medic having asp access to semi auto (not bolt action) sniper and auto/semiauto scoutrifles either as primary or secondary ... is a bit of a stretch though ....
  7. Campagne

Have to be careful with secondary weapons, as they can sometime create very overpowered synergies.

SMG secondary for infiltrators is one such example. As you've said above, SMGs as a stalker. Can also have an SMG and a bolt-action, which would allow for total domination at virtually any range with total effectiveness. Not very fair.

The rest of the non-secondary options seems good though, in my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  8. TR5L4Y3R

yea problem is there aren´t many other options otherwise for infil ... i think smg secondary is borderline acceptable ..

infil ASP assaultrifle primary?
    ASP carbine primary *looks at cqc types* .... uuummmmmmm ....

bit tough ...
  9. That_One_Kane_Guy

Yep. As much as it sucks to say Infil is probably not getting anything else ASP-wise, at least as far as weapons go. The community had a collective apoplexy at the thought of Infils with carbines and ARs would be even worse. Shotguns go without saying, and secondary SMGs with Stalker would be almost as bad.

Only things I can think of would be options that change the way your cloak or motion detection work, like maybe giving you longer cloak but longer recharge a la Wraith on the Flash, or instead of sensor darts give your player motion jamming darts.

Other options look good though, personally I would love LAs with battle rifles, both to use and to use as target practice.
  10. sjtw_w_stot

Infiltrators with Carbines. That is all.
    Good night.
  11. Crayv

I think new/not yet ASP players should get the discount perks and a special exp bonus until they opt in. The price reductions will give them more breathing room on pulling vehicles and the exp bonus will help them get caught up with veteran players. This way they don't feel that they are at a disadvantage like the current system.
  12. TR5L4Y3R

uuffff ... i do not know the exact dps numbers between secondline smgs and cqc carbines but the thought of a infil with a gd7f or Vx67/serpent ..... ..... ..... rather not ......

i think giving them one asp token from the start (demigan´s suggestion) to get a feel for the system is a good enough idea ... xpboost are always a bit of thing regarding membership .. even though i myself asked for reworking/tweaking xpgain through infantrycombat (rather getting xp primarily through damage than kills) and vs pmbs or defending them being a worthwhile xpgain and action for leaving the lattice ..