As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. NoctD

Still totally broken guys, SOE you really need to step up to the plate, or just undo all the GU4 changes and just go back to GU3 entirely even.

Just play for an hour or two and try flying, sooner or later it will become crazy stutter and just purely impossibly to play.
  2. Phaze

I don't understand why someone from SOE can't at least stop by and give us a recent comment.

Is this issue actively being looked at?

Is it being ignored/placed in queue because there just aren't enough of us affected by it?

^If you can't say that - can you just wink/non at us, so we know to stop wasting our time?

I've been gaming since 1980, when I had an Atari 400 home computer with a cassette tape drive and don't think I've ever played a game (I'm sure there have been games, I just haven't played them) that worked fine... then patched in some bug that has rendered the game unplayable.... FOR 3 WEEKS!
    • Up x 1
  3. Lord Excelsior

I submitted a ticket a couple of weeks ago on the matter. I am having the same, if not a very similar, problem. The rep that I spoke with told me that the programming team knows about it, and that there is nothing they could do for me until the game is updated. I just updated and tried to play in GU4, and I am still having the same problem.

I am very happy that I decided not to buy a station card when I first started playing in early February, and if this continues I will most likely never buy one.
  4. Playbizzle

Asked the same question many times my man and its the same answer its a known issue and being worked on or just plain silence in all the threads. We already all know what the issue is its just a matter of them fixing it and im pretty sure there not going to. It would have been fixed by now since were going on almost 2 months or at the very least they would talk about it giving us updated info on what is being done right now and an approximate time it could possibly be ready for. I guess thats way to much to ask for!

IF YOU SPENT MONEY ON THIS GAME CONSIDER YOURSELF RIPPED OFF BY SOE

REFUSED REFUNDS AND REFUSE TO FIX
  5. Playbizzle

After trying everything this works for me.
    1. Default clock speed, Turn off intel turbo boost.
    2. Turn off HPET support in the bios as well.
    2. Make sure your power settings running at full performance.
    3. Make sure any kind of energy savings in windows or bios is turned off.
    4. Run WinTimerTester its a free easy to use utility that checks the cpu timing.
    5. Click start wait till Ratio is solid at 1.000 usualy takes about a minute or two.
    6. Open up a command window and type in this: bcdedit /set useplatformclock true restart after you do this only needs to be done once. Switch 5 and 6 dont feel like editing anymore ;)
    7. Launch the game and play.
    8. Also make your you do not have AI software installed like EastyTune 6 or whatever kind of motherboard you have mine is gygabyte.
    9. Not sure if this helped but i also set power options so that Minimum processor state is 100% as suggested by someone in this thread
    Do note the Dsync issue is no longer a problem for me and it was so bad before i could not play do to 5-10 min relogs.
    Now it still happens but only about once or twice a day in a full day of playing. You will need to exit the game WinTimerTester is still running hit stop, reset, start and give it about a minute to lock back into 1.000 and relaunch the game and thats it. This alows me to get a full day of game play in with 1 or maybe 2 Dsync's.
    Hope it works for you good luck! Any question i check back periodically feel free to ask. Been dealing with this hardcore since the merge so i feel your pain.

Dsync bug is the no damage bug you hit target but doesnt register. Some times everyone is warping all over the place also same bug. This has been happening since patch 2 but most of us didnt get it till the server merge. There are tons of threads in the forums and videos on youtube and yet they still wont reply to any real info if this is gona be fixed. They just keep saying the same thing this is a known issue were working on it let us know if you figured out how to recreate it. And thats all your gonna get out of them. Mind you this has been happening since patch 2 its been months now and nothing. There is over 5,000 views in one thread alone about this and they just refuse to reply to anything about it.

If you ever want to go back to the original buggered up timer that Windows uses then open up a command window and type in this.

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

I did go back to the normal windows mode bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock and still only happening 2 to 3 times a day so you might not have to do this but i had to at first for weeks. Tried it normal after the new patch and seems to be working ok for now so you might want to try both ways. I dont think the patched had anything to due with it. Do note changeing the windows command in step 6 will make your fps drop but at least you will be able to play again. And if you get it working try puting in the command to go back to normal and see if it still works for you. Good Luck
  6. Phaze

New patch.

Still broken.
  7. OmegaSupreme

amazing i forgot when is last time i played........... fix this ****
  8. jonnyb

SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY
  9. Bluebullet

It really does suck that its still broken for some but I am celebrating because terrible service aside I can finally play like I should be able to after almost 50 days(GU2 Feb 2nd). So good luck hope it doesn't take another month for it to be fixed for everyone. Still expecting every new update to break it for me again.
  10. Playbizzle

Share the wealth what fixed this issue for you? What kinda of MOBO do you have? The fix i put up worked for me but doesnt seem to work for everyone so its always good to have as much info for everyone as we can especially if your Vanu.
  11. Zakuak

Lame so this bugs still around eh? Sorry to hear that guys, I do hope they get it sorted soon!
  12. Bluebullet

like i said nothing on end but wasn't specific it was GU5 with the account wide unlocks and stuff that fixed it yesterday.
  13. Rulistic

Che
    check your internet for packet loss
  14. Il_Duce

I am also having this issue. I have updated my Video drivers.I agree with Rulistic, it does looks like a packet loss issue. However, I don't have any packetloss to Google.com and play TeamFortress 2 regularly with no problems. I don't know what the ip of the Waterson server is to check packetloss directly with it.

All works great until around the 15 minute mark, then it starts to look like all the videos shown above.

i7 920
    Nvidia GeForce 260
  15. Playbizzle

Ok nice maybe we dont need work arounds anymore then. Did they finaly fix it does anyone know?
  16. jonnyb

Just did a quick ping to connery while i stepped away

Ping statistics for 64.37.174.140:
    Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 100, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 89ms, Maximum = 95ms, Average = 91ms

idk! **** happens i know but it's been happening for a while... so long i cancelled my premium for the cycle. oh well
  17. Il_Duce

Verified, it is still happening
  18. Il_Duce

By the way, logging out and logging back in buys me 15 more minutes of play before it screws up again. My guild will not want to keep re-inviting me every time I log out though.
  19. Betaplayer

I did not notice myself, but some outfit members reported "parts of crates" and "bits of galaxies... hundreds of galaxies" in their words "flying everywhere."

Re-logging seems to clear it for them, but yeah...

Stuff is still "flying everywhere" it seems.
  20. Riisipildur

I had to buy new mobo and seems that now i can play again. My Gigabyte mobo died and i got Asus mobo instead.
    So much has changed in these 50+ days i was unable to play because of this desync crap.