As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Vachek

50 pages and only official word has been something about humor? A bug is one thing, annoying but you can live with it. Something that prevents you from playing/paying should not be ignored.
  2. hokiedood

Still not fixed.
  3. BigBlackenstein

I'd give anything to have the 80+ Dollars I dropped into this game in January back. 36 Days I've not been able to enjoy what I paid for. Damn near highway robbery.
  4. Playbizzle

Don't feel so bad i got ripped off for a lot more then that! Is this not a breach of contract on SOE?
  5. XOLiD

Definitely still broken, my friend can't play at all and the game's getting lonely by myself. :(
  6. Betaplayer

I patched and played yesterday. Did get a LOT of problems with performance and decided to not play.

Woke up to this torrent of posts about performance issues.

Unable to log in to planetside2 because EU website and loging is "unresponsive" at the moment (unsure what problem might be in play there though since the US servers appear to be working.)

From memory last night I did notice a drop in performance (10'ish FPS or so.) I Did get the massivce audio-stutter when being fired on by rockets from planes. Did see some 0 FPS slowdowns. Both at times where it was crowded (crown) and while re-securing outposts comfortably far from large groups of enemies.

So it is a "I get that too" from me on this Game Update.
  7. Watz

QueryPerformanceCounter() uses the TSC register of x86 CPUs. It is, or at least used to be, dangerous to use. Quite some apps and games have had problems in the past because they relied on TSC delivering constant values that were not so constant anymore when multiple cores and on-the-fly frequency changes (like SpeedStep) were introduced. I remember well that I had to install a TSC synchronizing cpu driver on XP/2003 Server for AMD Athlon X2 CPUs to get VMWare running. On Intel systems I had to disable SpeedStep/set max performance in PM applet to have guest systems not have weird timing issues.

GetTickCount() has other problems. By default, the accuracy is only around 10-15ms. Check it by calling GetTickCount() in a loop and compare with TSC. You will notice that the result of GetTickCount() is normally only updated every 10-15ms. You can increase its accuracy -globally for all processes- by using the mmtimer API (timeBeginPeriod). So any app that calls timeBeginPeriod() to have a high resolution periodic timer will also change the accuracy of i.e GetTickCount() for all processes !

Theres two things I will personally try once I encounter the bug:
    1. set power management settings to maximum cpu performance (check i.e. with cpuZ that frequency stays constant)
    2. while in the PS2 login screen use TaskManager to set the CPU affinity for the PlanetSide2.exe process to use only one core (this ensures the TSC is always read from the same core)
    • Up x 1
  8. FreelancePanic

I'd also like to add (as with quite a few other people have before), consider enabling the High Precision Event Timer (HPET).

From what I can gather, ASUS mobos have the HPET running with no option to turn it off in BIOS. Therefore, forcing Windows to use the HPET timer got rid of all the issues for me since the QPC/GTC ratio became exactly 1.000. Haven't seen flickering textures. Haven't seen people and object spazzing all over the place.

But... some people (including myself) have been hit with a performance decrease, while others have seen a performance increase.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1...n-bios-and-os-for-better-performance-and-fps/

Read the first post on how to enable it in Windows. Since it's enabled on ASUS mobos, you wouldn't need to change it in the BIOS.

Good luck. You're going to need it.
    • Up x 1
  9. MrLorgy

Still broken
  10. Playbizzle

Thanks for your thoughts i do believe you nailed it right on the head. Question is why are we not hearing from SOE about this being taking care of. If i had to guess they haven't even started on a fix for this yet. Seeing how they rarely respond to this problem or even act like its a big deal. Last time i checked this post had something like 3000 views and this is one post out of many. So yea it is a common bug happening to thousands of people. Thus they still remain quiet and remain adding new content to sell us. I Am very disappointed in how i am being treated i must say after spending a good amount of money on this game to be spit in the face like this.

All hope is lost
  11. argorian17

I have not seen any 'warpbug' since the day before the patch. And I played many hours with or without squad, with or without many players around, everything was fine.

What I did: first I set power options so that Minimum processor state is 100% as suggested by someone in this thread.
    After 5 min, I had the warp bug again.
    Someone talked about the 'fullscreen windowed' and 'fullscreen' option, and that reminds me that many (not well optimized) games have issues with this fullscreen windowed, so I tried and changed my option from 'fullscreen windowed' to 'fullscreen'.
    It was like a miracle and I could play for hours without bug. Yes, you read right : I was able to kill ennemies!

To be sure that this setting was the key of the problem (for me), I revert the setting back to 'fullscreen windowed', and that is where I don't understand, because the bug did not come back.

I don't know if this can help anyone, but if you have your display set to 'fullscreen windowed', I suggest that you try changing it.
    Who knows? Anyway, as we are all paying to debug a game we did not edit, everything is worth a try :)

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome on board! We apologize for the inconvenience, but our engines are not running. We ask every passenger who have a screwdriver in his pocket to walk on the wings and help us fixing it. We hope you'll enjoy the flight with SOE Airlines" ;)
  12. Ern3stito

Hi guys i just disabled AMD's overdrive (that boost's CPU) and it seems to work. I think there is something like that for intel, try it
  13. MrLorgy

There is, but disabling it will only cause it to work temporarily, before the fix decides it doesnt want to work anymore
  14. biterwylie

My brother thinks he has a solution to the PS2 Harlem Shack. I will report back asap.
  15. Vachek

• Up x 2
  16. Playbizzle

GIGABYTE USERS,

After trying everything this works for me.

1. Default clock speed, Turn off intel turbo boost.
    2. Turn off HPET support in the bios as well.
    2. Make sure your power settings running at full performance.
    3. Make sure any kind of energy savings in windows or bios is turned off.
    4. Run WinTimerTester its a free easy to use utility that checks the cpu timing.
    5. Click start wait till Ratio is solid at 1.000 usualy takes about a minute or two.
    6. Open up a command window and type in this: bcdedit /set useplatformclock true restart after you do this only needs to be done once. Switch 5 and 6 dont feel like editing anymore ;)
    7. Launch the game and play.
    8. Also make your you do not have AI software installed like EastyTune 6

9. Not sure if this helped but i also set power options so that Minimum processor state is 100% as suggested by someone in this thread

Do note the Dsync issue is no longer a problem for me and it was so bad before i could not play do to 5-10 min relogs.

Now it still happens but only about once or twice a day in a full day of playing. You will need to exit the game WinTimerTester is still running hit stop, reset, start and give it about a minute to lock back into 1.000 and relaunch the game and thats it. This alows me to get a full day of game play in with 1 or maybe 2 Dsync's.

Hope it works for you good luck! Any question i check back periodically feel free to ask. Been dealing with this hardcore since the merge so i feel your pain.
  17. Phaze

^Thanks for your efforts.

It feels like the participants in this thread have put 100x more effort into working out a workaround for the issue than SOE.

I believe I've done all of that and am still having ths issue, though I'm not sure I understand the WinTimerTester portion - I've started the game before with that at 1.0000.... only to have it freak out after a couple of minutes and sure enough the WTT shows 1.04 or similar, at that point.

In any case... I logged in today to give it another whirl. Along with warping out after less than a minute, I was also getting FPS as low as 45 (previously it would've been near 120) in a near empty WG. Whatever "fix" was put in for the FPS bug, has apparently made my FPS even worse than it was 2 days ago.

SOE is really doing a great job with these patches.
  18. OmegaSupreme

I Have the same problem and cant play atall for days!
  19. ThereIsNoTry

Still having the problem and run out of workarounds.
    It's double xp weekend, I have a booster running but cannot play during prime time. Great!

The bug always seems to happen when there are many players on the server/continent/area.
    It starts with my shots no longer registering and shortly after that (a few minutes) the warping starts.
    I checked my Ration with WinTImeTester, in idle its 1.0001, during the warping it goes up to 1.0006 but I don't know if that's anything out of the ordinary.
  20. OmegaSupreme

it worked before soe did somethin , we dont have to do anything they need to fix asap what am i paying for !