As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. codeForge

Thanks for the info, and yeah of course I wish I had more time honestly, just at some point my eyes end up closing of their own volition... hehe. CMH is on here all the time too, and we all discuss every point that comes out.

We have a speculative fix in testing now that gets rid of most cases that have been reported and are reproducible. As soon as we're confident it does more good than harm, we'll have it out to you guys.
    • Up x 8
  2. Wobberjockey

put another way: the fastest way to slow down a development process is to add more developers.
  3. Phaze

Hope you've got something up your sleeves. Hope it doesn't have to wait til GU05.

I can't find anything consistent with this issue other than... began or at least got really, really bad after GU04... about 10% of the time I can play with no issues for an hour or more... the other 90% of the time, the problem starts anywhere from 1 minute to 10 minutes after logging in. Seen it happen at peak times, seen it happen at lowest pop times. Seen it happen in huge battles, seen it happen when I'm off fighting with 2 other guys. Seen it happen on multiple servers, seen it happen with multiple chars on same server. Seen one char warp immediately, logged in without restarting client on same server with another char -- been fine.
  4. SnuggX

it could be lag, it could be the server, it could be the software

or it could be just some lag switchers ............
  5. Kroova

This issue started directly after the merger for me although it seems like some other people here have been dealing with it for much longer. In my case the bug is incredibly consistend (always happens 15-20 minutes after I start playing).
  6. biterwylie

Day 7. No Fix. Game unplayable.o_O
  7. LordMondando

I hate to ask, but curiosity gets the better of me. Wtf is really causing this?
  8. MaelstromSOB

mine all started day of the merger with that minor update,ive tried every workaround i can find nothing has fixed it.this is a huge issue...and yet weve gotten zero dev response is disheartening,and makin me shut my wallet till its handled properly.

they have a serious issue,they need to optimize this game ...it has to be priority 1......not eyecandy...not new cloths ingame....fix the dang bugs
  9. Riisipildur

Day 37. No fix. Game unplayable.
  10. argorian17

After many many tries (reset settings, reset OC, disable turbo boost, wintimetster (1:1 always, even with OC or else), ...), it seems that one thing gave some results for me: port forwarding!

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...s-does-planetside-2-use-g37-g15-errors.54622/

I created a nat rule in my router for UDP-20040 through UDP-20199 and I could play normally for more than 30min (didn't had time to test more, but I experienced no 'lag' even around the crown with a lot of players).
    I am not sure this is THE solution, as I have to test it for a longer session at peak times, but if it can help some players, I wanted to share it asap.
  11. argorian17

after more test, issue is back. port forwarding didnt solve.

a small change: now the game crashes after some time.
    Nom d’événement de problème: BEX

Nom de l’application: PlanetSide2.exe

Version de l’application: 0.0.0.0

Horodatage de l’application: 5130474e

Nom du module par défaut: StackHash_0a9e

Version du module par défaut: 0.0.0.0

Horodateur du module par défaut: 00000000

Décalage de l’exception: 00000000

Code de l’exception: c0000005

Données d’exception: 00000008

Version du système: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 2060

Information supplémentaire n° 1: 0a9e

Information supplémentaire n° 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Information supplémentaire n° 3: 0a9e

Information supplémentaire n° 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  12. Preddles

So SOE just put this on their support page

"NO DAMAGE / WARPING AFTER A FEW MINUTES

Some players may experience a bug which causes weapons to not register damage when fired. This issue may be caused by Asus motherboards needing sensors switched off. If you are running an Asus motherboard and have the Asus AI Suite software installed on your PC, go into its Settings and uncheck the boxes for the two sensor monitors."

So that may work for some people. I've also noticed since Wednesday I have stopped getting the bug after deleting something on my GIGABYTE motherboard called Easytune Quickboost. Just thought I'd pass that on as something to try while they get this figured out.
  13. biterwylie

Ok second weekend following patch, myself and friends can not play. Myself, I still have £14 worth of advanced payment in your ******* subscription multiplier + £100 in weapons/camo etc!!! Thanks very much for screwing us over SOE.

You will never!!!!!! See another penny from me Sony.
  14. MrLorgy

Okay so seems like I, like many others only have found a temporary solution, since even after several fixes the problem keeps appearing and is more difficult to get rid of every time... I can only hope SOE will be able to fix it with the next patch otherwise I will probably be moving over to working on a refund instead of finding fixes for your damn game SOE.
  15. ElysianDawn

Im running a decent pc setup ( intel i7 3770k 16 gig ddt4 ram and a windforce edition oc geforce gtx 670 4 gig ddr5 vram.

And i get this too, not all the time, happends about once a week warping people/tanks/planes graphical drop outs where i can only see myself and nothing else never hit any epic loss of fps ( well untill half hour ago ) was at the crown, massive battle all was fine, 10 mins later started knoticing epic fps drop. lasted a good 5-10 mins but still, i had to run inside the crown and stay inside and try not to look outside, to try calm the fps drops, before i went back out and continued ( which was an even bigger battle since the tr join in yet no fps issues) just that random fps drop for 5-10 mins
  16. kageindustries

So, I just solved this issue for me, and in a way you guys probably won't like.

I've been suffering from the warping problem since I first started playing the game, which was just a bit after the release of GU2, which to my knowledge introduced the issue. I hadn't ever really gotten to play, because of it. Now I can. And why?

I bought a new GPU, the GTX 660. Now, hear me out.

I got the card just for general awesomeness, not to fix this game, but I kept PSide2 on the HDD just to see if some miracle caused it to be fixed, and it did! I no longer have any warping at all, EVER. I was flabbergasted.
    From everything I'm hearing and seeing, the problem isn't even related to the GPU; it's a problem with clock speeds for the CPU on certain (mostly ASUS) motherboards. So, to me, this shouldn't have done anything.

I conjectured with myself at what could have possibly changed or fixed the issue (and believe me, the following is exactly that, conjecture) but I started to come around to some ideas that raised my own eyebrow.

While I was waiting for my card to in from NewEgg I did some hardware fapping over my new card; just looking at all the general information I could and hyping myself up to make my money spent feel more worth it, and came across some info that, in retrospect, might shed light on the warping issue.

I have an ASUS motherboard and an I7 cpu, probably like many of you, and thus suffered from this problem. All the fixes are related to CPU clocks. So, most of us have the same setup aye? Why could that be?
    Perhaps you were like me and bought your system around...2011? end of 2010?
    Did you buy it piece by piece using parts that were topish of the line at the time from, say, Newegg?
    Did you buy the parts that were reviewed most frequently but retained a high rating?
    Did you do the same for your video card, thus giving you a GTX 200 series card that would run DX10 great?

I did all these things, and looking at why I bought the parts, I could see other people doing the same. The ASUS motherboard was flagship good for running the new I7 series of CPU, which released in the middle of the DX10 era, which meant a 260 GPU was the one within my budget.

So now I have a DX11 card. While looking at info about the new GPU and what DX11 would bring me, I came across a slight mention of the feature "Multithreaded Rendering". The feature is independent of the actual card. It's actually a feature of the runtime environment, DX11. Link to more info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff476891(v=vs.85).aspx
    To put this into perspective, I still have EPU-6 on AND my BIOS Speedstep. It doesn't really matter now.

My thinking is that bumping up from the (horrid) DX10 to DX11 might have provided a fix for, of all things, my CPU.

I know this probably isn't a fix for all people. Some can't afford a new card right now. I sure couldn't (but you only live once, right?). But it could shed some light on possible causes of the issue, and put into light how ******* weird bugs with games can be. Maybe all this time the clock speeds weren't the real issue, and messing with them just forces a fix to a problem not related to them at all. Maybe it's DX10, maybe not. But I hope this info helps.

If you have any questions, just post. Though the issue is fixed for me, I feel for my warping brothers.
  17. BigBlackenstein

And for those lonely few without ASUS mobos, are we doomed to be effed in the a?
    I feel that, something near my rump.
    Yep, it's definately the feeling of getting effed in the a.

Pardon my rudeness, but at this point, it's more than warranted. Over a month now. A month. A month you have a game breaking bug, with almost no improvement. I am now speechless.
  18. Ralekei

I can confirm that uninstalling EasyTune6 has (for now) fixed this issue for me.

(I have a Gigabyte Mobo)
  19. NotTheMomma

Thanks for trying to help, but Planetside 2 is a DX9 game. Many people who have reported this problem have the latest video cards, as well. The issues are quite varied and baffling.

Glad to hear that you are no longer experiencing problems!
  20. biterwylie

Rather than ranting I have put my system specs in my sig. Do I need more RAM? Do you (SOE) need more information?