As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Zakuak

Interesting write up Geldonyetich!

I'm betting the Devs have read this thread and I hope this workaround points them in direction for a fix.

Mrlorgy, do you have AI suite installed on your laptop? There could very well be some other applications running on the laptop that are creating the condition. I know a lot of laptops come with a cr*p load of useless software.
  2. MrLorgy

No I did not have AI suite installed, I had a program called Power4Gear, wich I have uninstalled.
  3. ItsRain1ng

For Gigabyte boards(at least mine) EasyTune. Uninstall it. Just had an hour and a half long, multi platoon battle for camp connery. No problems at all.

Seems 3rd party software and SOE net code don't like each other.
    • Up x 1
  4. ItsRain1ng

I completely uninstalled mine and It worked for me. I think we've found the culprit.
  5. LordEggMan

Honestly, unless your a master debugger, were all screwed till they fix it. I hate being able to be hit... from any thing anywhere at any time and I can not return the favor. So, shall we get the pitch forks, torches and napalm and go to the Masters and encourage them to get right on it? (Grabs flame thrower... the only thing this game is missing)
  6. Azzer

I have no motherboard monitoring software, no fan monitoring, I've never used the Asus AI Suite stuff on this install, so I feel a bit left-out/screwed :(

It's a really standard stripped back basic desktop Windows 7 64 bit build.

I wonder if there's anything in the BIOS I could do though? The BIOS is default - I've never tweaked it or boosted it or OC'ed or anything, but maybe something my motherboard does by default that could be switched off without harming/badly slowing my PC down?

Motherboard is: Asus P8Z68-V PRO Z68 Socket 1155
  7. MrLorgy

I finaly was able to play a stable session. I'll list what I did to make it work

Uninstalled Power4Gear
    Used bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
    Set nvidia console to maximum performance
    Set power saving plan to High performance
    Enabled PhysX (yeah I know, loading time kills but game runs supricingly good)

Supricingly PhysX seems to be what made it finaly work after all that stuff. I have no idea why
  8. geldonyetich

Could be that last thing was what was needed to get your WinTimerTester ratio close enough to 1:1. Seriously, this is like a balancing act now.
  9. Yamacas

ItsRain1ng you're right. I also have a Gygabyte motherboard and uninstalled the Easytune, now Planetside works like a charm. Thanks!
  10. X2daZ

I've quoted the two statements that are true for me - Asus AI Suite was fine - now I'm hitting 1:1.

I'm wondering if somehow the "Observer Effect" has come into play here; meaning, you can't observe that particular phenomenon without influencing the outcome to some degree... and in this instance, when AI suite is running in full monitor mode, that degree is just too high.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, I'm just happy I can play again.

I'd like to thank all the players that helped resolve this particular issue on my system. My heart goes out to those who have had this problem long before the March 1st patch and still continue to feel the pain.
  11. MrLorgy

Reporting back in, it got broken again :(
  12. Shasbot

Keep running WinTimerTester.exe, you'll find the problem much faster than wasting time booting and waiting for PS2 to **** up.
  13. JDS999

seems like server load is the problem for me. was playing this morning in multiple platoon battles getting 45 fps which is good for me. the only problem was that 5 or soo platoons was on the entire server. but could shoot people and it felt smooth.

as to primtime when im in a area with no activity getting 15 fps.
    and when in primetime i can look up down, and away from battle and get 40-50 fps but i look where action is and drops to 15. even if its just a few enemies.
    right after gu3 i was getting 45-55 fps in larger battles and game felt great.
  14. MrLorgy

15. biterwylie

Still no word from SOE on this issue? Please can we have some feedback to know it is being looked at?
  16. Riisipildur

One of them answered here on page 40 and somewhere near page 20.
  17. Phaze

I continue to get a stable session about once every 5 times I log in...

I have none of ths software that is suggested here installed. I do various things, but it appears they don't really have an effect on the whether or not I get a 'clean session.'

I might as well be doing a rain dance around my PC. It would be just as effective.

SOE needs to fix the problem that was introducted in this latest patch, not tell users their systems that were working fine for months suddenly need to be reconfigured/downgraded.
    • Up x 1
  18. Thanor -FotN

This ----^ Really REALLY want to throw money at this game. But seems like SOE doesn't want any. It's not my system at fault. They did something on their end and appear to not care about it.
  19. Zakuak

Man it's just insane all the various software effecting this game! I mean it's obviously not out of the question because here we are a sizable group of players all with similar symptoms but different hardware/software configurations.

I'm curious to know what kind of "god rig" Hardware the Devs use to play the game ( we know some of them play it ) and if any of them have experienced this?

Any of you Devs have an Asus motherboard....install AI suite and take her for a spin. Our luck it'd work perfectly fine for them.

Only things I have running while I game is AI suite, EVGA precisionX and the little Logitech app for my G35 headphones. Oh and a Thermaltake app for my TT Level 10m gaming mouse. I have Anti Virus disabled, Itunes is shut down via task manager along with various other Hogs like Adobe Bridge and a few others.
  20. biterwylie

Thanks Riisipildue. I really appreciate the heads up on the P40 post ^^ passed on the message to my mates , basically we are have lost our money invested in this game unless the issue effects enough people to crash the whole game.