As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. joeski

As a side note, I just ran ''WinTimerTester_1.1'' and got a ratio of 1:1.00000 after 100 seconds, so it is definitely an issue with the HPET. Before the change suggested by Shasbot I was running at about 1:1.0011.
    Thanks again Shasbot. (Mork reference?)
  2. Delain81

I tried this as well now and tested it for a few hours (3 or 4 now i guess). And since then my game seems to run like before the patch. Really strange in my opinion (i suck with computers so that doesn't mean much..) but it works so far. After a longer gaming session tomorrow i will give some more feedback.

Good luck guys
  3. Shasbot

No problem guys. Happy cert farming. :)
  4. geldonyetich

Props to you, dude. Disabled the Sensor check-mark on my AI Suite II (slightly different, no Auto Tuning button, but otherwise the same software) and was blessed with 2 hours of gameplay without falling out of sync.

So either I was lucky, SOE changed something on their end, or this fixed it.

Interesting note: With sensor disabled, WinTimerTester stabilized at about 1.0 QPC/GTC Ratio after about 50 seconds. With sensor enabled, WinTimerTester stabilized at about a 1.0020 QPC/GTC ratio at 50 seconds onward. Oh hey, and guess what, when I remove this AI Suite II Software completely and rebooted, it's now stabilized at 0.9998 - 0.9999 QPC/GTC at about 70 seconds onward.

As for why this latest PS2 patch caused this issue, your guess is as good as mine. But here's my theory: some anti-cheating code was added that causes PS2 to flake out if your computer is operating over timer. Not sure why Asus AI Suite II's sensor feature messes up the timer, but there it is.
    • Up x 2
  5. Bloodwod

I've had about 8 hours of play without warping (compared to 10 minute before). But, I've just started to get the "no damage" bug, without warping. Which is new for me.
  6. biterwylie

I also found this morning I am not able to get C4 to explode while the warping is happening, and also mines placed disappear once they are out of view :confused: Will try and play again next weekend :(
  7. Alexus

SOE FIX THIS PLEASEEE!!!!
  8. MuNrOe

Uninstall any 3rd party Netowrking devices and update Windows. I had Hamachi installed on my PC for lan games. I kept getting this issue and had NFI what was causing it. After Lengthy discussion with SOE tech support Via tickets we fixed the problem and now im no longer having this issue.

Send in a support ticket to soe with MXinfo and Dxdiag files and hopefully they can find a solid solution to this problem. The more information they have from us the more of an Idea they can have as to what is causing these problems.

Here is the link

http://help.station.sony.com/app/ask
  9. MrLorgy

I have an Asus G73S and I don't have the AI suite or anything similar from what I can see... Anyone that knows how to deal with it for me?
  10. ItsRain1ng

So how would you go about disabling the sensor for Gigabyte boards?
  11. SuperLexatron

So... it's been over a month now. A month of being unable to play. A third of the time this game has been released, I have been unable to play.

Words cannot even describe how disappointed I am. Needless to say, SOE will not see another penny from me. I was going to rant but there's no use me getting even more worked up about it.

I now see more people are suffering from this issue - welcome to the club guys, considering I've been here for a month, I wouldn't hold your breath on a fix anytime soon.
    • Up x 1
  12. Shasbot

Grats I'm glad it worked for you guys. Although SoE definitely did not fix anything, so don't credit them.

Very, very unlikely. It's probably more to do with how they've coded the game to tick off your hardware. Speed hackers and cert exploiters are unaffected by this. Currently this game has no anti-cheat and free hacks are available to allow you to fly and shoot though walls without restrictions.
  13. biterwylie

I am going to wait for GU04 and if it is not fixed uninstall the game. How I can go from 80+fps down to this following the server merge is crazy. No announcement from SOE either!
  14. Delain81

I do have a Gigabyte Board as well and for me there was running a Gigabyte Monitor in the Background that i just had to disable and check the option that it doesn't reload automatically every restart. Yesterday i could play 4 hours or so, without any issues. Then i had to go to bed, today i will test it with an even longer gaming session. I will give some more feedback tonight then, maybe the bug still appears after a bigger ammount of time, who knows. I don't wanna run around sayin' it is fixed for now, would just piss me off even more if it happens again then.
  15. Shasbot

After a little testing I found using some of the other features in AI Suite caused problems. But only after accessing them directly. Just to be safe you may want to turn off these features as well:

[IMG]
  16. PsichoSteve

A very BIG thanks goes to Shasbot :) The ASUS AI Suite cure has solved the unplayability issues.

Still have the graphics phasing to a white screen every now & again but is not a regular occurance.

Has anyone else noticed that the loader just seems to be a bit quicker as well?
    • Up x 1
  17. Sh0xy

Okay so, i'm not sure what fixed it for me, but i'd tried all those bcdedit things to no avail.

Things i did do

-In Nvidia control panel i changed physx from auto to my graphics card
    -In bios i changed HDEP (something about event precision timer) or whatever it's called to 64bit from 32 bit
    -Set Nvidia Control panel > Manage 3D Settings>Global settings>to Single display perfomance and power management mode set to'prefer maximum performance'
    --Also in Nvidia global settings i changed "texture quality" to 'perfomance'

not sure what but one of these things seemed to correct the issue for me, after trying most of the forum fixes

*edit -* i did notice that when i press ALT F now, my CPU shows up instead of it being GPU like it used to be. But whatever, i get 60 fps in home base, and 20-30 fps in base battles, good enough for now, hopefully they fix/optimize soon
  18. geldonyetich

It's important to note, though, that this is a new problem for me. Prior to the March 1st, 2013 patch, Planetside 2 ran just fine even with the AI Suite "sensor" option enabled. So this fundamental fact proves that something changed with Planetside 2 that made having a 1.0020 QPC/GTC ratio a problem when previously it was not.

Let me preface that, though: some people were having similar problems to this prior to that patch. I suspect their QPC/GTC ratio was even further apart, and what happened was that this patch increased sensitivity so it would affect even more people.

I disabled some more things as you're advising here and sure enough my QPC/GTC improved from 0.9998 to pretty much a solid 1.0 from as early as 40 seconds in. Though, funny enough, if you disable the software completely it's closer to 0.9999. So, somehow, keeping AI Suite II running while disabling those options actually improves the WinTimerTester result, assuming WinTimerTester itself isn't slightly off the mark and a 0.9998 result is actually closer to 1:1.

I re-enabled my HPET and it seems to be fine as far as WinTimerTester is concerned. If issues crop up while playing PS2 I could try re-disabling it again. But, at this point, I'm operating under an understanding that Planetside 2 is extremely, unusually sensitive to having the QueryPerformanceCounter and GetTickCount ratio being equal, to the point where the prediction code goes hayware inside a half-hour with a difference as little as 1.002.

Another possibility is that QPC/GTC should never be above 1.0, in which case this latest round of changes to AI Suite actually broke it again, disabling the sensor (or removing the suite entirely) would bring you more ideal performance. In other words, Planetside 2's timer code can handle values below or equal to 1.0 (which means that Get Tick Count >= Query Performance Counter on average over many iterations), but when you go above 1.0, even for a little while, it risks breaking something. But this is just a theory.
  19. AnnPerkins

This worked for me. For the first time in nearly a week I was able to play this game. [sarcasm]Thanks a lot SOE [/sarcasm]
  20. MrLorgy

I still can't get this to work. I am getting with the WinTimerTester 1.0006 most of the time with whatever I do.

I am using an Asus G73s notebook with a geforce gtx 460m nvidia screen card.

Have anyone actually found something that works for a similar setup, or might have an idea as to what I should do?