As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Dony Freaky

I still have the desync bug even after the todays ninja patch. I tried a different character on a another server but with the same disappointing result. Some vehicles and players still warp arround.
  2. Miggs

Definately not fixed for me. Seeing less players warping about, at least the minimap shows less problems with team-mates warping about. Still have FPS drop to single figures on occasion too.

It takes a little longer to happen, but I am still able to run around without enemies seeing me. Started shooting the floor near them and they still can't see me, only when I stop moving for a second do I pop into existence for them it seems. I must look like a right hacker ATM, at least I'm not shooting to kill.
  3. Bloodlet

Yeah still not completely fixed. It seems like according to the minimap only things in your field of view don't warp much while everything outside your FOV goes crazy.

And now I just killed a guy that ran past me like I wasn't there and then my game froze up.

:mad::mad::mad:
  4. Jachim

Confirmed that this hasn't fixed a damn thing. I'm still desyncing and unlike others in this thread who get godmode and can go on giant killstreaks, I can't even get hitregisters on (rarely due to them warping about) stationary ALLIES let alone enemies. I will be in a shielded building and suddenly die and all sorts of garbage. I want the godmode hacks instead.

I'd like to also add that SOE hasn't gotten back to my ticket at all yet. I'm pissed off about that one even more than others.
  5. Falters

I hot dropped on a BioLab and noticed that in that environment, the game was almost playable.
    However, my faction took the camp outside, I rushed their spawn room inside the lab and I got some assists but no kills, then minutes later I kept getting warnings I was in a restricted space (after they took back the camp and I was long gone from their spawn room inside the lab).

Bottom line, can't move around outside, vehicles cause the game client to crawl till it dies.
    Inside, no vehicles, playable, but obviously out of sync with the world.
    Still lots of warping on the map.

My sub ends on the 20th, renewal on hold. Likely going F2P and staying that way, not that I've been able to play since Saturday anyway...
  6. xEpicTaco

I am having this exact same problem. Warping around all over the place then CTD after a few minutes with texture flash. TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE and I am a paying customer.

FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Bloodlet

Yeah I just tried to play again myself. I pressed the play button at 6pm and at 6:08 I locked up. GG SOE.
  8. Jachim

Adding 'i'm a paying customer' is just silly xEpicTaco, even if its true its just pretentious. a) All customers are 'paying', and b) it makes you sound like a nob instead of giving you more credence
  9. Gunsmack

(This is somewhat unrelated from the topic, but does involve a character warping around unpredictably. Namely, myself.) Yesterday I was in a platoon on Indar that I auto-joined. I was on my way to the platoon waypoint on an ATV and as I got off of it near the base we were attacking, I warped back about 950 to 980 yards to the vehicle terminal I got it at without any kind of warning at all. All I got was a loading screen and the next thing I knew, I was far, far away from my vehicle. Later on, after I left the platoon, I went to Esamir and decided to go Light Assault to skydive onto an enemy base from a fighter I got at my warpgate. I got to the height limit and ejected, but not even three seconds into the fall, I teleported back to the terminal I got the jet at. I tried again with a Liberator and had no problems with it. If it matters, I was playing my VS character on Waterson both times I ran into the bug.
  10. Bloodlet

Out of curiosity, is everyone else here who has warping problems ALSO having their game lock up after a bit as well or can some of you play just fine without ever locking up despite the warping?
  11. LordMondando

Guys.

1) Keep it civil. It would be stupid to have this locked. I know people are getting frustrated.
    2) Lets try and keep it on topic and constructive. to wit anyone else tried traceroute ing "lp.soe.com"?
  12. Bloodlet

They would have to actually read the thread first. As for the tracert I just did it and it was fine.
  13. Bloodlet

14. Squigzy

Day 3 of Server Desync (for me).

It gets worse as I play, And I realize I become more and more warpy for other people and a client restart only lasts for a good 10 to 15 minutes before the desyncing starts again (or gets worse). Odd things to note, Only my OWN faction warps around (NC for me) and VS and TR remain mostly normal (no warping), making it very unclear when the desync starts (As I rarely stare at my own team when I am being shot at).

I then get to see people chain reporting me in Yell chat, and I get a progressively larger view of me as a hacker, and not a player experiencing an unfortunate bug that I have no control over. Which is great when people feel the need to "TK the hacker".

This isn't just ruining my gaming session, its making me look like a bigger tool than I actually am. I have been playing other games lately and with as much money as I have sank into this game I am really disappointed by this.

A response from SOE regarding this would be nice. Or at least some kind of PSA on the servers "Some players are experiencing server Desyncing and may appear to be warping around" would be nice to at least draw attention to the fact that there is a bug and that these people aren't hackers, or even exploiters.
  15. Spacehog

I don't overclock and I still get it.
  16. FoolishLobster

I was reported, labelled as a cheater, and kicked from my outfit because of this bug. Thanks SoE!
  17. Bloodlet

You're right. It came back with further testing.
  18. Jachim

What the hell, I wish I was getting these issues.. mine is the opposite.. everyone ELSE warps about and can kill me with ease, I can't even get hit markers on my OWN TEAM let alone the enemy.
  19. Mattsville1

I feel your pain, I really do.

I was one of the first people to play on the new patch with this teleporting problem, and was reported as a hacker within minutes of playing after the patch went live and had my account suspended for 7 to 10 days.

The thing that has me most concerned? As this bug does not seem to effect nearly as many people as the FPS stutter and in the face of so many other problems I am worried that SOE will not ever discover what is causing this and we who are encountering it will not be able to play this game again without drastic measures (swapping out hardware, reinstalling a different operating system such as going from 32 bit to 64 bit, etc).
  20. vexew

I get this when i overclock my i5-450m CPU, virtually godmode for 10min or so until game freezes completely.