Are we ever gonna do anything about the ZOE?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mechwolf, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Alarox

I never said ZOE was good.
  2. Shadowomega

Well the ZOE was more in line after its first nerf which increase the damage reduction even more to the point a single desimator or AV grenade would kill them. They also added momentum which did limit the ADAD straffing down quite a bit, furthermore flashbangs and Concussion grenades would further hamper a ZOE max. The biggest issue I saw back then was in small fights where Maxs are usually considered OP because lack of concentrated fire on the max. In big fights however ZOE was a more likely to get you killed then help. I will however leave these little videos I found pre nerf zoe.

• Up x 1
  3. sindz

So the ZOE increases damage taken by between 50 and 25%. Meanwhile, it gives you a highly conditional 10% increase that doesn't reduce TTK inn a majority of combat situations.
  4. Plorf

ZOE should be an ability that encourages rushing down the enemy and making big plays. I'm not sure exactly what a solution would be, but Wrel's video review had a few interesting ideas.

Someone on the forums suggested making the downside losing X% HP per second, and being less affected by repairs for the duration, but killing an enemy stops the HP drain temporarily. The previous upsides would probably still remain as they are.
  5. Pokushocus

No one uses it.

If this alone isn't enough to fix it, then why have it at all?
  6. CNR4806

They did do something about ZOE.

They added Hardlight Armor in the anniversary pack, so ZOE's primary function (to make you glow) has been replaced.
  7. radrussian2

it wouldn't hurt soe to just try some ****. like give zoe an AOE where it saps shields at a close range and within line of sight. its supposed to be a high risk high reward ability so let it be so.
  8. \m/SLAYER\m/

i asked player who used, if it do more damage, he said yes.. placebo effect?
  9. sindz

No the player you asked is wrong, its quite simple. ZOE doesnt affect bursters.
  10. DoomFruit

Now if only they'd do a similar thing for infantry.

Shoot through the eyehole?
  11. BobSanders123

Doesn't seem to work, I usually just aim for the feet.

Oh and is the price of a mile approximately 83333.33 men?
  12. TheKhopesh

No.

I'm fairly certain that's a feature, I'm talking a straight-up exploit.
    (And please don't try to guess it. I won't respond to any future guesses pertaining to it, as sharing information on exploits isn't exactly a bright idea. Especially on the official game forums. ;))
  13. Mechwolf

Then report it as a bug. =D
  14. vanu123

I doubt it. It needs heavy buffs/reworking but like the PPA and VS pistols it falls on the devs deaf ears.
  15. TheKhopesh

The devs are aware of it, but they can't fix it without entirely redoing the code for the shield type, which would take a while, so they haven't fixed it.
  16. Joexer

Oh... And for the longest time I thought you all meant like "Zerg of Empires" which would apply more to this game. Then I realized it was another petty faction "special" ability for maxes. Lame.
  17. Mechwolf

Bump... this is surprisingly still relevant.
  18. Blippy

The Striker was also horribly bugged on and for a time after release where it would fly through terrain and flares would only negate the first rocket in a volley, making Striker swarms literally impossible to avoid.

Strangely, TR never mentions how horribly those bugs were exploited and abused.
  19. Zombo

on my TR toon lockdown tears air apart, whining about it because it isn't as effective against infantry is like whining about the lancer because you can't facerock a max with it...

the zoe is broken beyond believe, there is no reason at all to use it above the charge ability
  20. asmodraxus

ZoE is dead, the devs might as well realize that its as useful as the decoy grenades for the infil was, maybe it should get the same treatment, I could do with that cert back