Are people still defending the NC MAX?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Sogui, Dec 18, 2012.

1. crissHill

"This doesn't really apply to TR's 2x mercy" what?

VS and TR maxes are like 97% equal. and I have tested this to be fact. TR 2x mercy vs. NC 2x scat = TR dead , NC 65% health. Long distance the NC looses but the TR needs to use 4-5 clips to kill the NC max. (takes forever).

VS vs. TR = TR 2% hp and VS dead, this might just be a matter of who shot first.
  2. Daswen

Ok we need to test this.

I am playing MAX with fully certed Kinetic, and I would say TR MAXXES deals tons of damages at mid range. But I havent tested, and I dont want to say what you are saying is wrong without testing.

So, I am available to test the TTK with and without Kinetic at 30-40 meters, on Miller.
  3. Arcanum

I think he's exaggerating. But I also don't think TR/VS do that much damage.
  4. Nature

Honestly I have no idea what nerfs they want to the scat max. It already takes all your shells to kill someone at 10m. If you nerf it at close range to the point that they can no longer kill enemies fast, they become useless. You can already kill people before they can react with just regular shotties in point blank range. You can kill people in half a second with good aim using a "real gun" that is also usefull in long ranges.
  5. ArcKnight

effective solution give the another gun thats good for distance combat as a default along with the scatter max
    this way you can keep the CQC for the guys who love
  6. Patrician

If the NC maxes were this much over powered the TR and Vanu wouldn't ever take a capture point from us would they? But they do so, ermm......hmmmm.......oops!
  7. Nikushimi

hacksaw has identical COF to almost every other Anti infantry max weapon.

So my guess would be one of three things,
    #1 exaggerating about "mid range"
    #2 they got vary lucky on their spread pattern (or sprayed a good chunk of ammo to land a vary small percentage of hits)
    #3 or said TR max was using a COF hack.
  8. Arcanum

NC are not always defending capture point or not always competent at it. NC hacksaws are not godmode. This means hacksaws and MAX balance is perfectly fine. Move along, nothing to see here.
  9. Daswen

#4 You forgot to take account of pellet spread.

Pellet Spread is the difference between Cyclers (or Mercys) and Scatters (or HackSaws). NC's Shoguns are firing 6*143 projectiles with a spread of 4 (hacksaw) or 3 (scatter). To maximize damage, you MUST be on short range (less than 15m). Farther than that, you will see a HUGE damage dropoff.

If you want to compare Cyclers and Scatters, you need to put Slugs in the match. And here we are : with slugs, a NC MAX can obliterate you at 30m in 3 sec, but he need to unload a bunch of slugs (yes because of COF), and last time i checked, there is only 12 ammo in each arm.

Cycler got 90 ammo on each arm, doing 143 dmg. He can sustain fire during one day if he wants to. Ok, a slug do 500 dmg, but it needs to be spammed to hit something.
  10. Arcanum

The Heavy Cycler packs 60 rounds, not 90. Without extended mags, anyway.

Also, the LMGs outdo the AI TR MAXes IMO. I think even damage per shot is higher.
  11. Daswen

It is with extended mags. Unless you want to compare with 7 ammo scatters' s mags.
  12. Johan

Fixed
  13. Arcanum

Why are you NC players so defensive? Yes, I said it takes extended mags to have 90 rounds, so I know it already. No need to repeat it as if I didn't. No, it is still not correct to say the Heavy Cycler packs 90 rounds as if it was standard or even common. You either didn't know that or we're trying to exaggerate your case, I caught your attempt, move on.
  14. JackD

We wouldn´t defend our MAX as much if the rest of our factional stuff wouldn´t be that gimped.
  15. Hunter_Killers

It's not our fault most of your faction doesn't know what a MAX is never mind how to get in one.

Unless the control point is out in an open field you more than likely have something to be behind forcing someone into your kill radius to even have the option of getting rid of you and re-securing. Don't get greedy and over extend, you live longer.
  16. Deavonere

It's not our fault most of your faction doesn't know how to deal with NC MAX, never mind moving outside 10m range or luring them to proximity mines / C4 or throwing granades.

See what I did there ?
  17. Daswen

I m not defensive. Look at my post, I talked about Scatter with extended ammo (12) same for Cycler(90). I didnt say 7 for Scatter and 90 for Cycler, did I?

So what's your point?

18. Hunter_Killers

What I see is that you didn't even read what I posted. You likely never tried using AP mines on a MAX either. It's going to end with you on the floor. C4 and grenades requires the MAX to be blind or you behind them.
  19. Deavonere

I've been playing (from time to time - situational role) as double Hacksaw NC MAX and the moment I meet organized group, I'm dead. They just know how to take me down, they do it fast, and there is almost nothing I can do. Others just go Rambo style CQC and whine that they died. I get almost same TTK results with Piston shotgun when in CQC, I guess soon we will see the whines about this as well.

And NO I'm not going to tell you how to take down NC MAX easily, figure it out for yourself for once and next time use weaknesses of your enemy.
  20. Nature

Show me a video of a scat max killing more than 2 inf at 10m w/o reloading. Full hp inf only and then explain why my GD-7F LA couldnt do the same.