Are new NSO weapons freakishly accurate?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eternaloptimist, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Eternaloptimist

.........or is it just that all the headshot veterans are now running new robot toons?

I´ve gone from being taken out by BR100+ and ASP guys to BR 7-10 walking beer cans killing me in a second even when I am registering head shots against them myself and sometimes even shooting first.

I realise there are a lot of them around with the novelty of the new release and all but I´m curious as to whether its a thing or just me.
  2. DarkStarAnubis

Look at the directive score never the BR, it can be misleading.

Aside that: I have tried them in VR (LMG, Carbine and AR) and they behave, recoil, sound almost 100% the same. Looks a super copy-paste exercise extended to the handing: they seem all of them designed to deal moderate DMG but precise and capable of long bursts so the kind of weapons that favors good shooters.
  3. JustGotSuspended

well they are quite accurate, at least from an ADS perspective. However most of them follow existing vanu models, and just bump the max dmg range by 5m.

I mean the new lmgs are basically a pulsar lsw, a carv with slightly slower refire, tighter hipfire and faster reload at the expense of a few rounds, some sort of mix between the em6 and ursa, and a bad orion as reward.

Rest of the weapons follow this pattern. They're just minor tweaked if at all versions of existing weapons, and they don't really touch the ads accuracy. The recoil patterns are more manageable like NS or Vanu patterns, but it's nothing radically different from what existed.

The thing is most people are just experienced players testing the new faction, ofc they are going to do well, and on top of that the weapons are pretty familiar.
  4. Liewec123

historically NS weapons (primaries) have always sacrificed damage for accuracy and controllability.
    (NS-15M being the perfect example of this)
    it seems like a lot of their new stuff follows along with this trait :)
  5. BlackFox

I would say they come closer to the classical guns in similar shooters (except for bullet velocity) - as player of many other FPS games I have less problems fighting with the new guns than the stuff we had before
  6. OneShadowWarrior

They feel alot like what TR weapons should have been.

NSO for the win.