Are NC every getting better max usefulness ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jbrain, Apr 26, 2015.

1. xMaxdamage

IF shotguns are balanced, please tell me why:

TR and VS AI guns have HALF the dps of infantry guns, same/less damage than a t7 mini-chaingun when double mounted (with fixed cof to destroy your real dps versus anything that is past ~8 meters)
    NC AI guns have SAME dps as infantry shotguns, when double mounted you have pmuch an automatic, or high capacity, or smaller CoF, 1hko shotgun, with slugs ammunition options that still 1hkoes ppl at short range.
    if shotguns and automatics are balanced for infantry gunplay I reallyt can't see why we have to give NC double the damage lol.

anyway I'm uberOK to give the NC a medium range machine gun thingy as long as TR and VS get a shotgun thingy.
  2. Danath

Very few tanks or Libs pulled, very few kills.

1158 players. 386 per faction. Isn't that pretty much the usual number when queues happen?
  3. EViLMinD

Give NC the same thing and there goes the es flavor. This game needs its asymmetric design to be what it is. All this ns stuff waters that down.

Our maxes aren't for hosing rooms. They're for picking out select targets and doing heavy-lethal damage to them.

Difference is good. Don't like our max? Play the faction's.

Flavor, baby. Flavor.
    • Up x 2
  4. Takara

I miss getting to custom build my character's loadout....Expert hacker with medium assault and MBT certs with combat engie.
  5. Anonynonymous

All NC Maxes possibly need at the moment is a faster reload time, that's all.
  6. ThreePi

No, they need larger magazines. You could double the magazine sizes on all NC Max weapons and they still wouldn't have the kills per mag numbers that the TR and VS have.

The greatest failure of the NC Max is that it has no sustained fire capability. Being able to kill one person really fast is irrelevant when there's a dozen more rushing in. Being able to sit back, dump ammo is more important in a zerg.
  7. EarlofSunderer

If NC MAXes had a basic automatic AI gun like TR/VS, you might seen fewer scat MAXes.

As a TR/VS player, wouldn't that be a good thing for you? running into more non-scat maxes in biodomes because the player went for a non-shotgun AI setup (some players aren't rich enough to afford all options at once).
    As NC, having the option wouldn't negatively affect you at all.

Harder hitting slower firing mid-long range automatic AI weapon for NC MAX

Flavor you say?
    TR MAX: that thing that shoots the things in a different way to VS/NC & lockdown
    VS: Lancers & what used to be a cool ability
    NC: Ravens & a shield

Even if all MAXes had access to shotguns, they'd still have their own faction specific flavor.
    It'd be a gameplay improvement for those of us NC who like using automatic AI weapons on a MAX.

"that's the way it is, deal with it"
    I don't pull NC MAXes specifically because they lack the basic AI options of TR/NC for mid range combat.
    All I need is a 250 cert 2nd AI arm for my VS MAX and I'm good to go.

The fact that shotguns excel at close range means nothing to me, I don't enjoy that playstyle of being confined to close quarters.
    It's great that many do, but it's no fun for me.

When I play NC (until I save up for double Raven) the MAX is dead to me.
    DEAD TO ME. I think that's a shame, because I enjoy AI MAX gameplay on VS/TR.
    It's as simple as that, shotguns on a MAX aren't fun for many players. It's not about the numbers or OPness of this or that etc

That's why I would appreciate a cheap midrange AI weapon option for the NC MAX, having that be the default instead of shotguns. (but still keeping shotguns as an option)
  8. EViLMinD

iPads suck for proofing. Rot in hell, Jobs.
  9. Copasetic

You can mag dump the shotguns twice in the time it takes to dump one of the other empire AI weapons once. Maybe you should factor that into your opinion.
  10. Anonynonymous

Fourmside had talked about adding machineguns to NC MAXs and shotguns to TR/VS MAXs forever now. If they haven't done it by this point, doubt they'd ever do it in the future.
  11. Taemien

That's the point.

No. Take a look at other alert stats. They're usually 10k or more less kills than that alert. Like I said, it set a record. That's not the norm. And they likely relaxed the queue requirements for the event. We are talking about Jaeger, not Connery, Miller, or Emerald.
  12. Goretzu

Absolutely true, but equally true is that you spend a vast amount of time reloading and effectively defenceless as a NC AI MAX.

I don't think they can add larger mags without reducing the damage, but to be honest given that the Scattercannon is basically useless these days they could have changed one NC AI weapon (probably the Scattercannon) into a lower damage higher mag varient, even if it was still pellet/slug based.
  13. Jubikus

The NC max has its purpose it has less sustained for more burst this is a downside if you are indeed in the situation where theres alot of infantry you can make up this with numbers like in a max crash.
    The upside to a NC scat max is if your guarding a point and an enemy max comes through the door to contest you guess who's likely to win the exchange? At least from personal experience when i roll in with my chain guns on my max i usually get dropped fairly easily by nc maxes granted this could just be my own incompetence now if the situation isn't a close quarters holding a point and say medium range i don't really see scats however ravens tend to be used there instead of the shotguns even against infantry because well it still hurts when you hit them is it as effective as chain guns maby not but chain guns arnt the most accurate killing machines at medium range either.
  14. Copasetic

Like everything else it has its advantages and disadvantages. How often do you think I've wished for the ability to instagib that heavy who popped around a corner to fire a rocket at me? Instead I have to hose him down, and by the time I've landed enough shots through the lag, hit detection, cover and COF he's already fired his decimator at me. Never mind when there's 2 or 3 heavies charging me. NC MAX can make quick work of that, the others aren't so lucky.

The only real complaint I have with the NC AI is the cert cost. Extended mags makes a huge difference and slugs are absolutely required for them to be useful outside of CQC. That's a major cert investment whereas the other AI options are pretty good right out of the box. Honestly I'd give them slugs for free at least.
  15. Vorpal_Spork

What game are you playing? PTFO, dude. Medium range fights are rare for me. I run around with a pump action shotgun without slugs most of the time as an engineer. A max with a shield or a dash move and tons of HP and damage resist shouldn't have any trouble if my engineer doesn't.

Agreed. Free slugs is a good idea.
  16. Goretzu

But that's the thing, VS/TR AI MAXs have access to weapons that can almost 0m insta-gib (0.3 seconds) yet also have access to AI MAX weapons with very high sustained fire and pretty decent range.

Conversly the NC have effective 0m insta-gib weapons, an some range in the context of Mattocks with slugs, but nothing remotely approaching sustained fire (the closest is the Grinder with extended mags which still has a huge % reload time).

If they, for example, changed the Scattercannon to a sustained fire model it would without a shadow of doubt have to lose any 0m insta-gib capability, but equally it would be gaining sustained fire (and likely effective range).

This can only get worse if they bring in NS Shotgun arms along with the NS Basilisk HMG arms they are on about.

Although really I'm still puzzled as to why they never implimented PS1 choked modes for NC AI MAXs.
  17. Jubikus

Ide love it if they changed the Nc maxes to more sustained instead of burst i might be able aim my decimater rocket before dieng instead of having to hip fire it.

As a side note the early morning battle that are basically all 1-12 NC maxes rule the day because there just isnt a need for sustain and burst is king
  18. axiom537

Flavor is right...I do not want 3 different types of shot guns on my Max. I want a choice, I want a LMG. We can still have A-symetric balance along with NS variants, ES weapons and vehicles still give each faction identity, but NS weapons provide a means to balance along function.

Personally, I think the A-symetric balance is over rated. That doesn't mean factions can't have unique and faction identifying weapons, quite the contrary. I think it would be interesting to see a VS or TR version of a "shotgun" Use the factions style to create a similar but unique weapon. Perhaps the VS have a weapon the ejects plasma, or the TR have a miniature mutli-rocklet design or even a grenade that explodes after a 1m spraying shrapnel forward in a cone.
  19. EViLMinD

I dunno, man. I like the big differences. Makes the game better. Shame so many want to even the factions out so badly that the devs are too scared to make more es stuff. Now all we get are GD boring NS guns. Zzzz.

The blackhand should have been an NC gun. But nooooo...the devs want to avoid whiners (and make more cash).

Nevertheless, I hear ya about the max machine gun. There is room and it would be nice to have. Useful, for sure. But, the NC max should get an ES machine gun - not a bland NS one.

Btw, each NC max shotgun has its place. We just need something other than just shotguns and rockets.