Are NC every getting better max usefulness ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jbrain, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Jbrain

Im so sick of our shotgun only max I just want to scream everytime I am in a fight that's not on a confined 10ft space which is almost always.. almost all fights are in the medium range arena and that puts nc at such a bad place even when all things are even we literally CANT win.

Like usual, we were fighting vs today.. and we should of won this small outdoor fight.. we had probably 24/24. Their maxes which essentially is a heavy soilder with double the hitpoints and firepower is able to pelt down on us and pick people off.. in return each one of our maxes doesn't even count.. in other words as the vs max counts as a double strength soldiers our nc max doesn't even count as a single soldier because nothing he shoots can hit infantry from the normal medium range..

its such a glaringly obvious advantage I don't understand why nc after all these years don't have a good loadout for medium range power. Both tr and vs have this which also makes being 2v1d even nastier. If this would get fixed.. nc would win so many more skirmishes and the tides between the three maxes would be even.. its just not fair our max is useful only in small indoor battles.. I have begged and begged the devs to look into this I just don't know why I keep holding out hope.
  2. _itg

Use slugs, specifically slug Mattocks (best accuracy and velocity). Pace your shots and stand still/crouch when you can. You can get reliable kills out to 40-50m with Mattocks, more like 25m with Grinders (worst accuracy of the NC MAX guns). Source: Auraxiums on both Mattock arms and both Grinder arms.
    • Up x 4
  3. Naphemil

Your maxs are unmatched in close quarters, which just so happens to be where most fights take place so why complain?
  4. Jbrain

Naphemil that's not true at all. Most fights are medium range.. The nc make might be ok inside a bio lab but its certainly not balanced in relation to when you can use it... vs and tr can pull their max is any situation.. the nc max isn't worth not being a soldier if the fight is outside 15meters. any be real its almost always outside that range. I don't see how anyone whos subjective cant see this as anything but unfair for us. Our max Is useful 20% of the time while everyone elses can be useful n all situations..

If other factions really feel they couldn't handle us getting a medium range gun upgrade.. then let them have a version of our shotguns and enjoy their terribleness.
  5. Liewec123

actually if you do the math they aren't, sure they have ridiculous overkill potential, but at the cost of EVERYTHING else.
    why overkill a couple of standard infantrymen when TR/VS maxes have a TTK (0.2) that is still less than the average human reflex time (0.25) and then they can keep on gunning for 20 seconds without even thinking about reloading.

if you factor in the reload times and sustain then even at point blank range TR still out DPS NC (i've done the math)

heres the actual performance of Hacksaws verse Onslaughts in NCs supposed godmode CQC range
    Onslaughts have:
    2% higher DPS
    81% faster reloads
    280% more sustained fire
    740% more ammo
    900% larger magazines

there is literally nothing other than wasting ammo on overkilling infantry that NC do better.
    • Up x 2
  6. Grumblefern

Because against good players you can take a lot of damage in the TTK difference.

Also, .2 TTK is is unrealistic as it assumes 100% accuracy. OTOH, NC's shotguns aren't very demanding accuracy wise, at least at close range. They require way less precision and you really can't just pretend this isn't an advantage.

I can often get a C4 or rocket into VS/TR MAXes at close range if I dodge around, NC MAX OTOH all they have to do is look at you and click and you're paste.

I'd be fine with NC getting mid-range automatics like TR/VS, but they can't have shotguns at the same time unless VS/TR also get them which will be a net buff to MAXes and I'm not sure that's what most players want right now. That's what this discussion always boils down to, really.
  7. _itg

I don't know where you got that DPS number. Hacksaws have roughly 375% the DPS of Onslaughts. Numbers like "740% more ammo" and "900% larger magazine" are also completely and probably deliberately misleading. One shotgun shell does NOT equal one 125-damage bullet. Granted, the Onslaught still does have a larger "effective" magazines and ammo pool, but the difference is an order of magnitude less that you say.
    • Up x 3
  8. FLHuk

STATS FIGHT!
    • Up x 2
  9. Schizomatic

TR stock MAX have it worst with how unaligned the AI gun is with the AV gun. You want to pelt a Sundy with chaingun fire beyond 20m and still hit it with the Pounder, you've got to somehow manage to aim above the Sundy with one gun and aim directly at the infantry with the other, which is patently impossible.

NC MAX seems almost balanced with its stock inability to kill anything past 20m, but it's AV gun is pretty reliable.

VS MAX is just insane. Point and kill weaponry effective at any range. Can probably kill infantry at close range with its stock AI gun as fast as the NC MAX and still decimate you out to medium range while peppering your vehicles with easy fire with the AV right.
  10. Lucidius134

If you're complaining about overkill damage per shot in CQC, maybe you should run half slug half buck?
  11. prodo123

After falling in love with the Scatmax, and making TR and VS alts, I cannot bear using anything else in CQC, especially VS's default MAX. Instagib eveywhere :eek::cool:

Don't run hybrid (slug/no slug). I have a very hilarious accuracy of 25% on the left and 15% on right because I ran slug on the right arm on the Scattercannon. Slugs should be reserved for the Mattock!

NC MAX takes a lot of certs to shine, pretty much 1.5x that of other factions (extended mags + slugs), but when you invest enough into it, absolutely nothing comes close to it in CQC, both figuratively and literally :D

Also, give dual Ravens a go for medium range AI. You have pinpoint accuracy and massive damage output even with splash damage alone. It takes a bit of time to learn to lead the rockets though!

12. Copasetic

The shotguns can be dumped twice in the time it takes to dump the Onslaught once. Stats like "more ammo" or "more damage per magazine" should be taking that into account.

And there is a very real difference between an instagib and a 0.6s TTK where you need to land 6 or 7 shots. An instagib needs only one clear shot to kill, no worries about things like lag compensation, people ducking behind cover, friendlies moving in front of you, people ducking or strafing to throw you off. Point and click once and the job is done. That is the real advantage of the shotguns in CQC.
  13. Dreez

This is BS and you know it. in a MAX v MAX rush, while the NC-MAX's are busy reloading after 10 rounds, both the VS and TR MAX's will continue to slaughter the resistance with their 50clip size and 200+ total mag. An NC Scatter MAX can quickly dodge into a room and maybe kill 2-3 people because it has to retreat to reload for 4 seconds, 4 seconds which it is totally at the mercy of the enemy.

The VS and TR MAX's can jump into a Room and totally clear them out of any enemies and not having to reload.

HOW is this making the NC-MAXs unmatched?. Just asking cuz i'd really like to know.
  14. lothbrook

NC max AI weapons need staying power, dumping the mag and killing 2 MAYBE 3 guys in seconds is also the downfall of the max, even if they didn't buff the range they need to increase the mag sizes by at least double, theres no reason and NC max should be forced to camp a door and fail at even doing that because he only has enough ammo to kill a couple infantry before he runs dry and can do nothing for 4 seconds.

Its the same issue with slugs, now you can control burst and kill infantry out to 20-30m, of course it takes 4 shots to do that, more if its a heavy, congratulations you just used 20%+ of your mag to kill 1 guy, while also completely giving up your advantage at close range. People often confuse being able to kill someone with that making the weapon effective, for example i can kill a single infantry with an AP round from my VG, but that doesn't make it an effective AI weapon.
  15. Jbrain

What people don't realize when they start saying things like omg nc max has such and such dps In comparison to us at 10feet. But like always they forget we only get to fire 6-10 shells before a HUGE reload time in which the enemy can tap dance on our face and we cant do anything about it. Id rather have a weapon usefull in many situations than just a small cqc battle. I see a lot of people rehashing the old nc max cqc roxors.. the nc max can kill really closely a couple of people before reloading.. but I am mainly addressing the fact in all other aspects of the range table the vs and tr maxes can do almost the same dps in close combat without having to reload and can still shoot at medium range targets,.

Think of the battlefield in terms of binary.. each person is either a 1 or a 0.. a 1 is someone able to fire back at the enemy and 0 is not. On a typical battlefield nc fight.. at anything other than 15feet.. the nc maxes turn to 0.. they essentially don't count in the fight at all. However on the vs and tr side.. especially the vs.. their max is like a 1 1, hes doubly powerful in the fact he can hit from range with huge mobility/huge clip size/really good range and dps all packed into a frame with huge hitpoints..

To me is so glaringly obvious that it puts nc to such a disadvantage and even worse in 2v1 fights.. I just hope this dev team really fixes this because its something that has to be addressed or the nc will continue losing in all situations til this is fixed.
  16. Nepau

Here is the Problem for the NC in a nutshell. You have AI max weapons that are basiclly instagib in their effective range. While it may have the same "DPS" as other or less on paper, the problem is that being all frontloaded it removes the perception that people have a chance to react to the threat.

Ravens are again because people feel they don't have a real chance to avoid the damage, even after being hit. Add in that amount they are used on Infantry (far more then say a comet or vortex max, Fracture, punder is a close range threat so not sure on that) and again it give people the feeling of being helpless against the weapons.

The same goes for why people ***** and moan about any long range weapon, say the lancer/vortex. If someone feels they have no chance against something, even if it is on a specific situation (Lancer nests left alone) then any Stats you can pull out will be meaningless because they do nothing to remove that feeling.
  17. Liewec123

no they only have higher dps if you only look at the brief 2 seconds of sustain,
    factor in that onlaughts have far greater sustain and then factor in the hilaaaaariously long NC max reloads and yes, onslaughts have higher overall dps.
    obvious really, when NC max has a reload time over twice as long as its sustained fire duration.
  18. PrimePriest

Of course we can. Just as VS can pretend 0.75 ADS on LMG isn't an advantage [/offtopic]
    • Up x 5
  19. pnkdth

2xGrinders + extended mags + slugs. #SlugLyfe #Freedom #IlluminatiConfirmed #HigbyLives
  20. MetalCotton

Is this serious? We have point-blank F**k You cannons in a game where most objectives are CQC oriented. They may not be the best in versitality, but NC MAX shotguns are stupidly high in the intimidation factor.
    • Up x 1