Are mines broken?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goodkat, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Goodkat

I have noticed my tank mines not exploding and my prox mines not doing damage when they do explode. Anyone else?
  2. Teegeeack

It's a bug. Tank mines cause damage but despawn when you get beyond 300 metres. Prox mines do no damage and also despawn after 300 metres.
  3. Oriius

Indeed they are bugged atm. You can still use a prox mine to trigger a tank mine, costs a little more but worth it if you want to do a little area denial, or booby trapping.
  4. Goodkat

*sigh* Alright, thanks for info.
  5. Rhyl

Go to the bug report forum and find my thread. Post in it to raise awareness and upvote the original post to increase it's "score." to raise it to the top. We need as much awareness as possible.
  6. schwarzklang

The despawn is not true. I killed a sunderer with mines after ~10 minutes and several hundreds of metres distance. But ap mines are buggy. They trigger too early so the enemy is not in the explosionradius, or too late.. or the radius was nerfed.. who knows. Something like that.
  7. Rhyl

None of those. They simply don't do damage or do 4 bars of damage total regardless if someone is wearing flak or not. I had a friend stand on two mines on top of each other. Set them off and it didn't even break his shields. No Flak Jacket