Are decoy grenades fixed yet?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Korsakov, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Korsakov

Are decoy grenades fixed yet? Do they still not show up on enemy maps, if they do what is their hearing range?

If they still haven't been improved then I'm better off at shooting at nothing and running away.
  2. Biddion

This is now the "Give Infiltrators Smoke Grenades and Take Backy-Back Decoys" thready-thread. I am your usurper.
    • Up x 1
  3. CuteBeaver

These are being removed from the game because they are a poor tool for escape, distraction and flanking.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/an-update-on-the-may-update.225602/

Decoys were recently changed to attract the fire of automated engineer turrets. However an EMP resolves these turrets much more effectively. Decoys currently create a very fast moving dot which originates from the location you throw them, and maintains a straight line until it either hits a wall or the ground.

Once impact happens, decoys create a false mini map signature for other players within range of the landing location. A single dot (per decoy grenade) will travel at a new random speed in different directions for every single enemy player nearby. This means there is no way for the infiltrator to manipulate or create an opening for escape / flanking opportunities with them. Enemies become at best distracted, and at worst unpredictable.

The lure doesn't take into account terrain, buildings, spawn rooms, and is easily seen as fake when it crosses over areas where enemies have motion spotters up. The speed at which the dot travels is also very easy to spot as a fake. Sometimes its really fast, and other times its way too slow to even normally be detected. (Think : crouch walking speed)

I am glad they are getting removed next patch. You will be refunded the certs you spent on them.
    • Up x 1
  4. Navron

Ahhh dammit. While I was not a MAJOR user of decoy grenades, they were very useful for small encounters. I've even fooled people in my own outfit during our training exercises with them. It sucks to see them go.