Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Demigan, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Demigan

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-update-1-25.244492/

This PTS post, with the more detailed info in the link: https://www.planetside2.com/news/new-implants-faq

Which clearly states "old implants will be removed"

Also, everyone who tested it knew that the old implants were being removed. Not to mention about a thousand threads about the conversion rates of your old implants to ISO4.

So yes, you had plenty of warning, and people mostly wondered about how the ISO4 would be distributed, no one complained that their old implants went away or that they had to buy new one's... Until the update went by.

Back to topic:
    The construction system. It remains a wonderful attempt at adding something people only dreamed off.
  2. Villanuk

WHICH i clearly said when they FIRST come out as YOU said, which was WRONG. They issued that in January.. **** me, how long were implants played for before then?
  3. OldMaster80

I enjoy the Deployable Barrier. Engineers have been asking for that for years.

The Implants... I can't say because I rarely used implants so far. The energy drain was so tedious I often preferred not use implants at all.
    • Up x 2
  4. Direlithe

I'm pretty sure the reason why the company alienated such a huge playerbase is because they really don't rely on $$ from said playerbase -- I suppose this is a consequence of whale-to-pay.

So to fulfill the thread requirement.. W2P ftw I guess? :p
  5. Insignus

Appreciating the devs?

Beat you to it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/62p648/artistswantedwrellokittyislandadventureside_or/
    • Up x 1
  6. Direlithe

Excuse the dumb question but where is the actual webcomic because I'm dying to see it?
  7. EPIC389

The Devs of this game are rather hit or miss with their updates, but you have to give them credit for trying

It does seem to me that they genuinely care about this game and are still pushing out new items for the game despite being a rather small dev team.
    • Up x 1
  8. LaughingDead

I appreciate that they made implants more condensed so you didn't have to pick too hard and removed energy costs. Beyond that, LMG changes, and valk having a 360 turret. Beyond that, I don't have much to say. I can't hate what they haven't done so I won't, but beyond that I really don't think the NSX weapons were worth the time.

Vehicles: No comment

Infantry gameplay: I can appreciate classes with a bit more outlandish abilities over the standard FPS. jetpacks are nice.

Air: I like the vitol styling.

Bases:....eh, beyond being copy pasted, at least some are interesting and offer a variety of fights.

Construction: More variation to fights.

All honesty, this is a good game, just the infantry aspect isn't something special, the guns and hit registration system is often clunky, the vehicles are also clunky and generally underwhelming besides air, probably my favorite platform for air fights.

But the game is good because it combines all 3, otherwise it's just kinda meh.
  9. Campagne

10. AllRoundGoodGuy

I also always enjoy defending amp/tech bases. Super fun.
    • Up x 1
  11. zaspacer

PC Game Update - 3/30
    Bug Fixes
    Air Pads at the Indar Northern Warp Gate should now resupply ammo.

This was an annoying bug. I agree it was a bug and am glad they fixed it.
    • Up x 1