Apex helmets

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RF404, Dec 18, 2012.

1. RF404

Is it just me or do these helmets design mostly remind you of something you would give r*tarded children, to prevent them from sustaining head injuries when they go tumbling head-first into tables and stuff?

Is there anyone here who actually went "that's cool, I want one of those"? Have you spotted someone wearing one or do you own one yourself? I am honestly quite curious to hear the reason for why someone decided to buy it, so it would be swell if anyone wanted to share.

Is it because it is unique, since so few have it? Is it because you liked the design? Or is it simply because it was on sale?
    • Up x 1
  2. DreadPirate

That's funny, that's exactly the impression my mates and I had of the helmets. I saw a guy with one once, and it was glowing. So maybe that's the draw.
  3. GamerOS

They remind me of yellow hard hats used in construction...
  4. Argento81

I googled, I laughed, I kinda felt bad, I got over it.
  5. Dazamin

They must be amazing, else why would SOE dedicate 6 days of their 12 day holiday sales to giving you a chance to own one?????
  6. Vargs

These are almost as bad as the skull helmets. At least the composite stuff looks decent, even if some of them are just the default helm + cloth face mask.
  7. Masterjts

They prevent headshots. Everyone who wants to game the system should go out and buy one.
  8. MrBloodworth

You guys need more history in your lives.

Stay in school kids!

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Bad News

Yes a glowing helmet make it much harder for me to aim at their head, oh wait... :)

I guess you get a Darwin award medal everytime someone headshot you if you have that helmet :)
  10. foam

i feel sorry for soe. i really do. they are trying so hard, but are coming out bad/mediocre. sooo sorry... skull & apex helmets laughable.. TF2 could get away with random **** because the entire game is like a kind of comedy with explosions.
  11. foam

I'm guessing you are not too bright. You fell for his troll.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ryekir

They're hard-hats! I picked one up for my engineer because I figured that would be fitting (but still use my composite helm most of the time). I actually wish that the main part of the helmet was yellow instead of blue to complete the effect!
  13. SinerAthin

Yeah, when it comes to head pieces, the art team could use some inspiration.

Bah, give us a cool looking alien helmet for Vanu!
    About the only good helmet in that faction is the Vanu Infiltrator's helmet, but those guys aren't supposed to be seen anyway, so...
  14. MrBloodworth

Skull helms are bad ***. Remind me of this:

[IMG]

Other than that, if you don't like them, don't buy them, quite sure there will be lots more.
  15. lsp1

They look terribad.
  16. Sowahka

The only ones I like are two or three of the VS ones. All the others can rot in a ditch.