Anyone using Sweetfx?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheArchetype, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalrusJones

If I can't use it to shut off the in game AA... Then.....

There isn't really a reason to use it, other then eyecandy.
  2. THUGGERNAUT

sweetfx can be used to make cloaked infiltrators bright neon colors, easier to see/shoot. sounds like a joke, but this is the rationale that will get you banned.
  3. WalrusJones

I could make the TR purple, the Vanu blue, and the NC red.

That would be horrabad.
  4. S1eB

That just isn't true.
    • Up x 2
  5. XRIST0

Please ..

Somebody explain to me how they could possibly ban you for using sweetfx ?

They have no way of scanning your installation directory , or your processes .. It is impossible for them to know if you are using sweetfx .

You guys will believe anything you hear ..
  6. LibertyRevolution

Wish I could link you to the threads of the banned people.. but it seems they get removed...
    I have seen at least 3 threads in the last month of users banned for running sweetFX.
    If you know what your doing with it, you could totally use it to give yourself an advantage.
  7. Mastachief

So you can see people in the night cycle more easily..... legit right?
  8. illgot

really does improve the appearance of the game a lot.

Everything looks crisp, like comparing analog TV to HD.
  9. Drol

Any ban wouldn't be because you use sweetfx, it will be because they cannot distinguish other injectors from it.
    So any "hackers" could hide behind sweetfx if using the same methodology in the program.
    This is why you aren't permitted to use it - not because of what sweetfx is, but because other harmful things could disguise themselves as it.
    Or so they said....
  10. Pixelshader

If you aren't instantly autobanned upon using sweetfx it is extremely probable you never will be, but not 100%. So don't use it if you don't want any risk.

If you want to see clearly set shadows to 0 in the ini and turn the setting 'graphics quality' to low, it's the one that puts all the blur and glow everywhere. Turn your gamma up a little and grats, you now have a huge advantage.
  11. phreec

LOL are you for real? You can't change anything like that. It basically just adds another post-processing layer over the already rendered image, it can't change any textures or nitpick what details to change and what to leave unchanged.
  12. S1eB

It doesn't make people stand out any more that they would anyway, you can make the game look sharper making edges of things more easy to see but it's not a real advantage. People with larger res monitors or huge screens have the same advantage, so it's nothing that will give you the edge over someone else.

SweetFX is free to use, so it's not like it's an unfair advantage anyway, anyone can use it.
  13. Astealoth

sweetfx is an injector, which is the same technique used by every aimbot that's ever existed.

if they say sweetfx is a go, what's to say people wont start masking their aimbots as sweetfx? injectors should never be allowed no matter what they are for.
  14. S1eB

That is wrong, SweetFX is an overlay. It overlays the effects on the image.
    Aimbots alter, or add to the games code and alters the game files. SweetFX does not alter anything, it's all post process.
    • Up x 1
  15. Shasbot

This game doesn't even have anti-cheat, so I'm not sure how they could even find out you're using this? It doesn't make any sense. At the moment crazy **** like speedhacks, noclip is freely available and undetected by the game, so I'd hardly worry about a post processing mod.
  16. TheArchetype

There is a file called injector that comes with Sweetfx..
  17. Deth

Well it is really to bad that they don't allow it's use. The game looks freaking amazing using SweetFX. I tried it for about an hour today. Sad that I had to delete it. If you have not seen it for yourselves you should really google some Planetside 2 images with it turned on.
  18. Morpholine

19. Astealoth

i'm sorry you think that, but it is an injector, plain and simple. if you don't know that it is an injector you probably haven;t used it. it injects quite a few custom .dll files that can be easily modified to be cheats. the people denying this have no idea what sweetfx actually does and just assume it's a simple post processing overlay, like you do. here's some quotes from the official FAQ from the developers of this program:

"dxgi.dll - DirectX 10/11 proxy dll that will inject shaders into DirectX 10/11 games"

"injector.ini - Settings for the shader injector dlls - you can reconfigure the keys used in this file"

"d3d9.dll - DirectX 9 proxy dll that will inject shaders into DirectX 9 games"

as you see it very simply is a program that injects custom files into the game, which is the definition of the injector. this is the same process as any common aimbot. you could easily modify these files into a wall hack, it would take you about 10 minutes research. i'm sure quite a few people actually do this. that is why it needs to be bannable.
    • Up x 1
  20. S1eB

That is not how aimbots or wallhacks work, you and others like you are the ones that are misleading people and making them think SweetFX and the likes are bad, but they are not.

What you are thinking of is a file tweeker which creates files the same as some of the original game files which can not be told apart. Well the can but only be an MD5 hash check. People who use the file tweaker for BF3 will get kicked for an MD5 check by PB because of it.
    With a file tweaker you can set recoil, bullet spread and other stuff to 0 and a whole lot of other things.

SweetFX can not be used in anyway shape or form to create wallhacks or anything else. It does not add any files to the game what so ever, it uses only the files it comes with, don't believe me? try using it on a single player game.
  21. RadarX

We'll go ahead and put this to bed again. As we stated right after launch, the use of SweetFX can be considered cheating and may result in the suspension or permanent ban of your game account.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.