Anyone Tried Planetside 2 on Windows 10 yet?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zeradatul, Oct 14, 2014.

1. JuggNuttz

yeah while i was dual booting the Preview and Win7, Win7 worked fine, the Tecj Preview i got that god awful flashing... i chalked it up to beta drivers n such... i guess no go on release drivers too.
  2. PowerGlove

Crashes to desktop after loading 6% for me
  3. BlockLike

I found it's SLI that is the cause of the epic flickering, artifacts & ghosting (running newest drivers)

Disabled it, runs fine

Think I might have a play about with nvidia inspector and see if I can fix it
    • Up x 1
  4. Roteldo

I had problems with crashing as well, turns out it was the TS overlay.

it wasn't a PS2 specific problem since it crashed any other game i tried with TS overlay on.
  5. BlockLike

well... no amount of tinkering in Nvidia inspector will fix it

SLI is completely broken for certain games on Win 10 with the new drivers

As usual, Nvidia have treated SLI as an afterthought. The Geforce forums are a buzz with SLI issues and Nvidia have stated they're aware and a fix is in the works.

Ah well... one GPU for now it is then :p
  6. Jac70

I thought SLI was useless for this game on any platform - am I mistaken?
  7. chevyowner

It can work but it is not supported, and it takes a lot of effort on your part to make it work. It does not work "out of the box."
  8. Jac70

But does it increase FPS? From what I have heard it makes little difference.
  9. chevyowner

Again It can work but it is not supported, and it takes a lot of effort on your part to make it work. It does not work "out of the box."
  10. dboy76

Just upgraded to 10 home from 7 prem, launcher works but goes to a blacked out character screen with the music playing and only the PS2's mouse cursor showing.
  11. BlockLike

TBH I've never had any major issues getting sli to work with PS2 (other than a glitchy texture now and then) and yes, performance is better with SLI
  12. BlockLike

*update*

Problem solved!

DDU wipe the latest nvidia driver

Download and install 350.12 driver from Nvidia

SLI now working without a problem :)
  13. [K29C] Gwennec

Have you double checked all drivers are installed and rebooted the machine?

Mine corrected itself after the second reboot as not all drivers had updated first time round.
    I can confirm that Planetside 2 is working fine on my machine with Windows 10. No difference in performance at all.
  14. TomoB

Upgraded to Win10 but I'm not sure what's causing it, either neglecting optimizations due to added game content or OS itself (haven't been playing so actively lately), but game runs almost as badly now in more crowded areas as before OMGF. Haven't changed anything else and same settings in game and drivers are up to date. It just makes me to quit game when fps plummets so badly that I can't hit anything when shooting.
  15. Eyeklops

Because reviving threads started in 2014 is more awesome than creating a new one...
  16. TomoB

What does date matter? Subject is still the same. Thanks for your valuable input btw.
  17. CaptCran

Been fine for me for the past year.