Anyone Tried Planetside 2 on Windows 10 yet?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zeradatul, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Cy6erm0nk

Remove the useroptions.ini file and your game 'll start i bet.

I think i have the same problem, i have to remove the useroptions.ini file every time i istart the game.
    As soon as i make any changes, for example the resolution, the game does crash next time its launched.

So right now, every time i want to play i have to remove it and setup the video options again... o_O
  2. Milspec

You might need to set your PS2 launcher and game exe to run as administrator, so it can open / change files at will. I couldn't get PS2 running on Windows 7 until I did that.
  3. Smagjus

Or set the respective folder rights so non admin can write to it. Afaik PS2's standardfolder is not under programs for that exact reason.
  4. Cy6erm0nk

I do run the game with admin rights, however if i take a look at /startuplogs/GameLauncherStartup.log i see the following problems:

Code:
    File::Open failure: C:\Users\Cybermonk\AppData\Local\Sony Online Entertainment\Digests\id (Windows GetLastError=3)
    Failed to create new user fp, filepath=C:/Users/Cybermonk/AppData/Local/Sony Online Entertainment/Digests/id.
    GetUserDataFolder - windows version major=6, minor=2.
    GetUserDataFolder - windows version major=6, minor=2.
    DirectoryDelete - Failed to delete directory, path=./Launchpad.libs/Logs, result=32, userAborted=0.
    InitializePostConfigLogging - Failed to delete existing log directory.
    C:\Users\Cybermonk\AppData\Local\Sony Online Entertainment\ does not exist on my pc o_O

The folders and files the game is looking for do exist but in a different path:

C:\Users\Cybermonk\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment\

Could this be the reason the game does CTD once i changed ingame settings, and i have to remove usersettings.ini again to be able to launch?
  5. Smagjus

Did they change the windows system variables in Windows 10? Looks like it could be caused by something like that.

Apart from that you could simply try copying the folder to the location the game is looking for it.
  6. Cy6erm0nk

I press launch... game starts full screen (goes black) and then CTD.
    Too bad, it was worth a try but it did not help.

Removed the usersettings.ini again to be able to start game.
    But this time i only changed the resolution to 1920x1080.

Exit game, start game and CTD again.
    The resolution changes are saved into usersettings.ini
    I do not understand why the game refuses to start if i make any change in the settings. :confused:

I googled the LocalLow path above.. and i find something else interressting.
    Seems this problem is also found long before Win10 did exist (Jun 4, 2013)

I did now uninstall PS2 and Steam (installed it only for PS2 so i have the option to buy DLC with paysafecards if i want). Reinstalling PS2 now without Steam just to see if i have the same problem...
  7. Cy6erm0nk

Ok that did not help, but...

I found out the CTD after launch is caused by choosing a higher resolution full screen.

Default the game starts full screen in 1024x768, choosing any other higher resolution causing the game CTD next time its launched. Lowering the resolution to 800x600 and changing other settings like changing graphics to ultra works also.

Changed the game to start windowed and set the windowed resolution to 1920x1080, game launching without problems. So the problem is caused by changing the full screen resolution to anything higher then default.

Seems i have to play in windowed mode for now, at least this sollution is better then have to delete useroptions.ini every time i start the game :)
  8. Smagjus

Can you try setting your maximum FPS to 60 and launching the game in full screen again? Will probably not help but its an idea.
  9. Cy6erm0nk

Tried it, CTD after launch :(
  10. Smagjus

Too bad :(
  11. Uallas5

When I try to launch it closes and I get a browser window come up stating the minimum requirements for PS2. Has anyone else seen this?
  12. Smagjus

Can you copy the URL you get?
  13. Uallas5

I get this page:
    https://www.planetside2.com/game-error?code=G13&info=VenderID=0x10DE,DeviceID=0x1392

I'm thinking it's got something to do with my video card, a GTX 860M, though I can't find anything searching online. I have an older laptop with a 200M that is my primary win10 testing machine and it plays PS2 fine (well, it's slow as crap on that card, but you know what I mean.)

I've tried setting all the executables in the game folder to Win8 compatibility but that didn't help.
  14. Smagjus

According to the help reinstalling could possibly fix the problem but this obviously going to take a while.

15. Uallas5

Unfortunately this is my second clean install of Win10, on the previous one PS2 did the same the same thing. That was in Nov when I got this laptop so I was hoping that a combination of newer drivers and a newer preview build would fix this. At least this time I went with a new drive so I can pop the 10 one out and put back the 8. (I'm one of those "strange" people who really likes 8 but I prefer 10 over it.)

Like I mentioned, I've seen Win10/PS2 threads but nobody seems to have encountered this as far as my searching can reveal. I think I'll try posting in the Nvidia forums next.

Thanks
  16. Smagjus

You could also try submitting a support ticket here.
  17. [K29C] Gwennec

Well now that windows 10 has been officially released, I've installed the free upgrade but it seems I now cannot load Planetside 2. It just opens up the browser with the PS2 error page.

Tried to validate game files and the client crashed.

Will try reinstalling the game and see if that works.
  18. JuggNuttz

My issue, and i had it on the tech preview too, i get alot of flashing in the menus and the HUD flashes... every other game runs fine so far. i havent tried WoW as i quit that, and i kinda had the same issue there but with gathering nodes. im on a complete fresh install, all drivers updated today, and specs should be in my sig. anyone else got this?
  19. TeknoBug

PS2 won't even launch for me.
  20. BarkaThaGreat

yes, i've gotten the horrible flashing as well. and it starts when logging in. i see double characters at selection screen even. the flashing is killer in game. i reinstalled nvidia drivers and reinstalled the game with no help. this all started for me after i upgraded to windows-10 through windows update.

so same as you. all other games are fine except this one.
    • Up x 1