Anyone remember this?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AzureKnight, Apr 7, 2014.

1. AzureKnight

I was trying to see if I could find some information on how the projects for SOE get funded to shed some light on why the game is how it is from a financial standpoint... Probably won't find that unless I work at SOE. Anyway, one of the first things I found was this:

http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-231182.html

Makes you wanna go back in time and warn Higby :D:D:D:D
  2. Fangry

Money is more important than customers.... oh wait!
    • Up x 1
  3. Tuco

Oh don't worry, customers have always been #1, we're just still in the horse and buggy era waiting for someone to invent the automobile.
  4. karmaset

Little did they know the community was filled with terrible, whiny babies.
    • Up x 4
  5. PraetorGavorn

I sense rustled jimmies.
  6. IamDH

7. Alarox

Come on guys... not every opinion has to be an extreme.
  8. JustARandomNobody

This. It is mind boggling. I come from a group of friends that are very 'competitive' minded. We love challenges and skill based games. None of the guys I played with would believe me that this community is full of 'anti-skill based' people who HATE the mere thought of skill meaning anything in the game. Needless to say after playing a few weeks they all met people like that in game who ranted in squad coms about how 'elite players ruin the game' and how it 'wasn't good that a skilled player can beat an unskilled player'. They couldn't believe people would ever be like that and it completely blew their mind that this game has so many people that think that way. That being said it is no surprise the game is completely lacking in staying power, inter-outfit politics and outfit pride, and has absolutely zero competitive scene. :(

We still play the game for what it is from time to time. A shallow, relatively low skill ceiling free to play FPS while we wait for something better to come along.